How's the frontier for sleeping as compared to the Nautilus?

U

Unregistered

I'm thinking of getting the frontier as my next seat for when my DS turns FF but he almost always sleeps in the car. Are your little ones comfortable sleeping in the frontier? Are there usually floppy heads?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I find the Frontier to be better than the Nautilus, but the car does have something to do with that.

ToothDoc

My DS sleeps well in his frontier, but I can't really compare to the Nautilus since I've never tried it. His head doesn't slump at all. It's nowhere near as comfy as he was rfing, but he seems to like it well enough.

2BunniesMommy

My daughter has had head slump in the frontier, but I just reach back and rub her leg and that bugs her enough that she moves and gets in a better position without waking up. (this is with DH driving, which he usually does) Most of the time she does sleep fine in it.

cowgirlsmommy

My daughter sleeps really good in her Frontier. She's never had a Nautilus but my 6-year old nephew has one and I know he sleeps good in his.

Ali

We have both and DD sleeps well in both. She says she likes her GN better, but that may be because it has butterflies on it. :love:

britfish

DD gets head slump in the nautilus. The other seat we have is the Marathon and she never gets head slump in that!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My dd doesn't get head slump in the Nautilus but she did get it in the Frontier. She kept on waking up over and over until she finally found a way to position herself where it wasn't dropping down as far.

This definitely seems to be something that varies by kid though.

Neatfreak

My DD finds the Nautilus as comfy for sleeping as she did her Marathon, and I haven't seen her head slump in it at all yet. Haven't tried out a Frontier for comparison ...

zactayaus

We have both seats and saddly enough we've had head slump in both. It does not seem to bother DS and he has gotten better at positioning himself so that his head slump issues don't happen as often.

natysr

We have a frontier and Jordan sleeps well in it. Sometimes his head slumps, and sometimes it doesn't.

532608772_HsViT-S.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC