Britax car seat recommendations please

• Thread starter childrestraintsafety
  • Start date
C

childrestraintsafety

I am going to look in to seeing if it's possible for me to have some sort of Britax seat shipped to my country and have it certified for use here.

It makes me feel almost sick that because of my seats limitations (although it is a very, very good seat) I can't have him rear-facing, he's 16 months and has had to be forward facing since he was 14 months old as his seat has a rear-facing weight limit of about 26.4lbs.

He's about 29lbs right now. Or do you think, maybe it wouldn't even be worth it since he's not far away from the 33lb weight limit? Don't know what to do!! But if I did get one, I'd want one that could be tethered swedish style.

Your thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated :)

Forgot to add also one that has inbuilt rear-facing lock offs would be nice, I hate fiddling with locking clips, but if the price difference is that huge then maybe not!

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

Well, my DD has been at 25lbs for what seems like FOREVER, so you never really know when he will reach that 33 pound mark. You could also try the Cosco Scenera that is rf'ing to 35 pounds, but it is only a 40lb ff'ing seat. You also can't swedish tether that seat.

C

childrestraintsafety

Well, my DD has been at 25lbs for what seems like FOREVER, so you never really know when he will reach that 33 pound mark. You could also try the Cosco Scenera that is rf'ing to 35 pounds, but it is only a 40lb ff'ing seat. You also can't swedish tether that seat.

We do have that seat here (Cosco Scenera), but would honestly prefer a Britax seat (just sits with me better hehe) because I want to tether it 'Swedish style' (do you have to pay for extra attachments for that?) and the Cosco Touriva/Scenera are mighty hard! (i.e. no padding).

I just thought, you know, even if my boy isn't in a rear-facing britax seat for long, well I am due for my next child in a couple of months so they could get good use out of it anyway. I am definitely looking at having a Britax seat imported I think.

C

childrestraintsafety

What is the difference between the Marathon, Decathlon and Boulevard and can they all be tethered?

lovinwaves

Ok, no you don't have to pay extra for any attachments. It will come standard with the Hugs System, Comfort pads, Tether, washable cover. Here is a link to the US Britax Website so you can see the difference between the three 65 lb convertibles.

It's going to be the Boulevard, Marathon, and Decathlon. The Marathon is the lesser of the three Britax's. Did I just say "lesser" and "britax" in the same sentence.. LOL!! I think you know what I mean. The DC and BV just have some different features...:)

Britax USA

Dillipop

All of the 65 pound britax's can be installed using the swedish style. In fact, I think it may be prefered. A d-ring (short piece of webbing with a ring on the end) comes with each of the seats. If you could get a MA, DC, or BLVD, you'd be golden. You'd have a seat your son could stay rfing in for a while and a ffing seat that could be used for much longer than the typical 40 pound seats. (You mainly have 40 pound seats there, right?) If I were in your situation and it could be certified, I'd import the seat...

LuvBug

I personally wouldnt get one from the US, I would get one from sweden! The one that you can rearface to like 55lbs(25kg??). I wanted to get one so bad when DS hit the 33lb mark at 29m. But it would cost far more than an arm and leg to get it here. Id need to sell a kidney, maybe even some liver. lol!

(Im pretty sure its sweden, its so hard to read a foreign language)

LuvBug

All of the 65 pound britax's can be installed using the swedish style. In fact, I think it may be prefered.

no she means the swedish style of tethering to the seat it is on. No US Britax seats are approved to do this(the swedish ones are though). Instead they continue to call it the swedish method but say it must be down or down and forward but never down and back.

C

childrestraintsafety

All of the 65 pound britax's can be installed using the swedish style. In fact, I think it may be prefered. A d-ring (short piece of webbing with a ring on the end) comes with each of the seats. If you could get a MA, DC, or BLVD, you'd be golden. You'd have a seat your son could stay rfing in for a while and a ffing seat that could be used for much longer than the typical 40 pound seats. (You mainly have 40 pound seats there, right?) If I were in your situation and it could be certified, I'd import the seat...

We do not have a single seat in my country that has an inbuilt harness past 40lbs, not a single one.

It's going to be the Boulevard, Marathon, and Decathlon. The Marathon is the lesser of the three Britax's. Did I just say "lesser" and "britax" in the same sentence.. LOL!! I think you know what I mean. The DC and BV just have some different features

loinwaves, why do you say it is the lesser? does it not look as nice or something? lol

C

childrestraintsafety

no she means the swedish style of tethering to the seat it is on. No US Britax seats are approved to do this(the swedish ones are though). Instead they continue to call it the swedish method but say it must be down or down and forward but never down and back.

haha im confused what do you mean? I'll look at the Britax Sweden website, see what it says there, I can only use it here if it's to an approved Standard. I don't know what Standard the Swedish seats are.

lovinwaves

Oops, see I knew if I said "lesser" it would sound completely wrong :)

I just mean that the DC and BV have some added features that the Marathon doesn't. But actually though you can find more cover choices for the Marathon than you can the other two.

"Lesser" also meant that Marathon is the Cheapest in price of the three. Sometimes though you can find the DC and BV on sale for a price cheaper than a Marathon.

C

childrestraintsafety

OK so what would you recommend and why? and Prices? (in US $$ of course)

C

childrestraintsafety

I personally wouldnt get one from the US, I would get one from sweden! The one that you can rearface to like 55lbs(25kg??). I wanted to get one so bad when DS hit the 33lb mark at 29m. But it would cost far more than an arm and leg to get it here. Id need to sell a kidney, maybe even some liver. lol!

(Im pretty sure its sweden, its so hard to read a foreign language)

Do you have a website? I can't find one *boo hoo*

LuvBug

haha im confused what do you mean? I'll look at the Britax Sweden website, see what it says there, I can only use it here if it's to an approved Standard. I don't know what Standard the Swedish seats are.

All I know is that IF you get a letter from a doctor and the government people(dont remember which group) then you can order one of those seats for use in the US. It rearfaces and forward faces to 55lbs, so the limit overall is 55lbs. You can find the manual at http://www.britax.fi/meny1Frame-1.htm . I think you may be able to find it in english. I remember reading it for the twoway plus but cant remember if it was linked from that site or not.

Also when you said swedish method did you mean traditional swedish method, or just rearfacing tether in general?

C

childrestraintsafety

All I know is that IF you get a letter from a doctor and the government people(dont remember which group) then you can order one of those seats for use in the US. It rearfaces and forward faces to 55lbs, so the limit overall is 55lbs. You can find the manual at www.britax.se I think, I think you may be able to find it in english. I remember reading it for the twoway plus but cant remember if it was linked from that site or not.

Also when you said swedish method did you mean traditional swedish method, or just rearfacing tether in general?

When I said swedish method I meant the rear-facing tether. Thanks for that website link! Now I just have to learn how to speak/read Swedish hehehehe.

How much is the Britax Boulevard, is that supposed to be the 'best' seat? I had a look online and it seems to be selling for US $299? That is about $450 NZD here.

LuvBug

ok so just a rearfacing tether, that is all britax convertibles.

Yes they are about 299 unless you find one on sale. Then they are about 30lbs shipped(or my marathon was almost that much when I sold it). You more than likely wont find a store that will ship one overseas unless you contact them individually with the request and information. It may be easier to find someone who is willing to buy one and ship it to you. I have actually shipped something to new zealand, but it only half a pound at most, so I dont know what shipping would be like from the US to NZ on a carseat.

LuvBug

How much is the Britax Boulevard, is that supposed to be the 'best' seat? I had a look online and it seems to be selling for US $299? That is about $450 NZD here.

also the only thing the boulevard has extra is the infant insert and side impact wings. If you have a vehicle with side airbags, or the child will be in the middle then they arent necessary. Its a parental decision as to which to go with. Also I have heard the BV has lower top harness position than the others.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC