Should I thin out my collection?

NannyMom

So, I was looking at all the carseat pics of Sofi on my blog. Kind of comparing them. Thinking maybe I should sell something. Here is what I have and what their use is....

EFTA- Dad's car, must keep
BV and MA- Grandparent's cars, must keep
MR- currently in my car for Sofi. I plan to use it for BabyS when she outgrows other seats by height or weight. I like the SIP and cup holders for Sofi right now.
TF- sitting in the closet. I was going to use for Sofi. Until I bought the MR. MR has better SIP (purely my opinion). I could use it for BabyS when she moves to convertible, then when I have DF's DD I can use it for her, and not install another seat.
Titan1- currently in closet. I have fond memories of this seat. Sofi's first convertible, and I really liked it when we used it. If I didn't like the SIP of the MR better, I'd put her back in it now :whistle: I was going to use this for BabyS before I decided to use the TF for her (DF's DD is too tall for it).
Titan2- Sitting in Grandma's basement. Bought (and therefore technically owned- thought I could likely do whatever I want with it, since I own the BV and MA) by grandma. Switched to BV when we thought the Titan was outgrown.
Uptown- Sits in the closet. Sofi seems squashed in it. Had planned to use it as a back up seat (before I ended up with so many extras). Currently loaned to neighbors while we wait for more MR cover options.
2 Sceneras- Sitting in closet. Plan to give 1 to MomBoss for travel seat for BabyS. 1 is 2005 DOM and 2nd is 2007 or 2008 DOM.

I need to have at least 1 extra seat. Because if I don't, I'll feel the need to buy another (and I'm fighting the urge to buy another MA because it's an easier to install back up, and I have too many covers). I'd also like to have an extra incase someone needs to borrow a seat (I have a Cargo for an extra/lending FF seat).

Should I sell a Scenera and Titan and Uptown? Or sell 2 Sceneras and a Titan, and give the Uptown to MomBoss for a travel seat?

Here are the comparison pics of her in the seats. All are pretty current, except the Scenera. She's had a growth spurt since then, but fits it about the same as the Titan. http://carseatnanny.blogspot.com/2009/04/sofi-in-her-many-seats.html

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

lol, but the question is, which seats to get rid of? And I know my OP says 'sell', but some (like the 2005 Scenera) would likely just be donated.

And with the TItans.... I'd rather keep the newer one (grandma's) but like the cover better on the older DOM (though they both RF to 35 FF to 50). But the newer cover has the SIP logo. So I can't just switch the covers, can I?

TheQueenMother

I would get rid of the Uptown beacause Sofi does look squashed and also one titan and one scenera. Keep the other titan as a spare seat, give Scenera to MomBoss. You will still have one Titan and the TF as a spare, along with the FF seat for lending. By the time Sofi has outgrown the MR Rfing, you will have something new in mind for her FFing and will have added to your collection.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC