radian, keyfit, do they puzzle

Cryssy Jane

I wasn't sure if this should go in carseats or carseat chat, so feel free to move if needed.

I have a radian 65 rf in the middle of my car, however as of next week I will have three kids in my car again. I'm thinking about getting another radian for space. I know I can get a rf BLVD, GN, and FF RN in my car in that order.

3 days a week I will have the following in my care:

16 month old male, 26 lbs, roughly 12 in torso, RF usually in blvd or RN (although he likes the RN better now).

2 month old female, 9.5 lbs, not sure on torso (2nd slots in keyfit with infant padding)

27 month old female, 28 lbs, roughly 12/13 in torso, usually RF in BLVD or RN

This is the first time I will have the 1 and 2 year olds together, as they usually are on opposite days, however now they are together thus needing another option.

Also, what are the main differences between the radian 80 and XT? I can get a princess 80 for the same price as the 65 at the moment. I have no problem getting another 65, but would like some fun colors in the backseat.

THANK YOU!!!

edit: oh I drive a 2006 subaru impreza

ADS

ks1978

We had a Radian and a Keyfit next to each other with no problem.
The difference between the 80 and the XT is the SIP headwings. Some people don't like the wings, but I do. The SIP comes in when the child is forward facing, since rearfacing offers SIP.
They have the same shell and harness height.

featherhead

If they are both rear-facing they do not puzzle, but they are both narrow seats, so it could possibly work.

elle7715

I'm not familiar with your car but I found a RF Radian would not fit next to a Keyfit in our very small Chevy Cobalt. They puzzled and just barely fit when the Radian was FF. Our car is tiny though, another couple inches or so and it probably would have fit next to my RF Radian.
Here's a thread I did with lots of pictures next to a FF Radian. I don't have any next to a RF Radian but it wouldn't fit because the Keyfit's handle came out at just the wrong spot. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=837624

scoutingbear

I have found that a KF with NO BASE fits very nicely next to a RF radian...I have been doing that for the past 2 weeks with both seats sitting totally on my 60 side of my 60/40 split back seat.

elle7715

I have found that a KF with NO BASE fits very nicely next to a RF radian...I have been doing that for the past 2 weeks with both seats sitting totally on my 60 side of my 60/40 split back seat.

You know I never thought of that. :eek: Does that bring the handle below the edge of the Radian?

Cryssy Jane

Good to know. I'm waiting for a carseat of mine to sell (to a good family friend) then I can go ahead and order another radian.

The 2 year old rides FF in both her parents cars, but has never complained about riding RF in my car. However I'm thinking that 3 RF seats will probably not fit in my car. Maybe next weekend I'll take my RN and keyfit to merry go round and see if I can play musical carseats.

Oh, one other question, can you use a britax D ring on a RN and vise versa? I couldn't find anything about it in my manual so i'm curious.

scoutingbear

You know I never thought of that. :eek: Does that bring the handle below the edge of the Radian?

Um...I actually just went and looked at my pics (can't post cuz I don't know how to blur faces and these are our foster respite kiddos) and I really can't tell. I do know with no base, I can fit the KF closer to the door (RN was in the middle) but it looks like where the handle attaches to the seat in the pics it is slightly below the shell of the RN, but I could still move it...

It isn't my seat so I don't have it here to play with and check out again for ya :( If there is time when my friends are visiting tomorrow (and babysitting my kids as payback) I'll see if I can check it out.

elle7715

It isn't my seat so I don't have it here to play with and check out again for ya :( If there is time when my friends are visiting tomorrow (and babysitting my kids as payback) I'll see if I can check it out.

Oh no worries, I'll just have to try it out when we're near BRU. I went to all this trouble to make sure it would fit somehow and forgot to try installing it without the base! I'll probably still want to put it next to my FF Radian but it's good to know if that's an option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC