Wanna Try an Experiment?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have an idea to get some non-gray, non-girly Nautilus covers, but I need your help :)

A few weeks back, I went to a tech update about Chicco products. The Chicco rep was explaining all the different aspects of getting new seats to market, and it was interesting how much power retail buyers have. Basically, when a buyer for a large store says "Jump," car seat manufacturers say, "How high?" She said that a car seat release can be pushed back simply because a buyer doesn't like a particular cover.

She also said that if parents want specific features on car seats, we need to let the stores know, because they call so many shots.

Soooo...I want to make an online petition that we can sign asking for the Nautilus in some better colors. When we have lots of siggies, we can forward it to the corporate office of a major retailer (Target? BRU?)

There's a good chance it won't work. But maybe it will.

(And I know there are many other things we want to see in car seats, but starting with something simple like a new cover seems more manageable than asking for a US Multitech or something.)

Who's with me?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Can anyone recommend a good, free online petition site? (There seem to be several free ones--I'm not sure if one is better than the other.)

I'll work on something over the next couple days and let you know when it's up.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Um, can we do Britax too, for the Frontier? I'd love a blue plush for ds, and something girly but not pukey or themey for dd, and NOT mesh - I miss the quality - 9 year life? the cover should hold up to that and look perfect!

I'll sign whatever is posted :)

elle7715

Can we do Britax period? And maybe SK for the Radian? I don't have a Nautilus but I'll sign anything to get more boy covers out there.

emandbri

You make it and I'll sign, the only reason I don't have a nautilus is because I don't like the gray and/or black covers.

April

I'm all for that idea. Sign me up! Lizards and dump trucks and race cars, oh my!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was thinking the Nautilus first, because it's carried by more of the big retailers, so it might be a better bet. (I had initially thought of sending the petition just to one retailer, but why not Target, BRU, AND Walmart?)

I also think it's best not to get too specific with the request. In other words, rather than requesting pirates or lizards, just request something with actual COLORS, aimed toward boys (or even the gender-neutral set). Or something like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC