Last time, I promise!!

momof3boys

I need to order a new seat for my DH's truck and I have looked at every seat on the planet!! I originally had a $100 limit, but decieded, that there really isn't one...I just want a good seat. They all seem to have their pro's and con's . I am literally driving myself and my husband nuts with this and I just want to order it and be done!! Stats: T3 is almost 16 months old, 25.5 lbs and about 34" tall, torso 13.5". He rides rfing in a MA(2nd slots) and a almost outgrown SSI in my husbands Dodge Ram Megacab. OK, I can get a new Roundabout 50 on babycatalog.com for 160.00, a True Fit on BC for 140.00, the Signo on albeebaby for 179.00, a MyRide(chandler) for 150.00 at BC or 164.00 at Walmart (Edgemont Dots). I can't seen to fing a good deal on a MA or Blvd anywhere, that's not girly...

Can somebody please help??? I just can't seem to make a decision here.

ADS

Shaunam

How much room does he have above his head in the marathon? If he looks like he'll just barely get to age 2 rf'ing in it, I'd be more inclined to get a taller seat, but if he has lots of room I think it would be a toss-up....just what features you want and which one appeals to you more.

romanoma

If he is still 25lbs, I don't think you need the MR unless you love the cupholders. I would get the TF as long as the harness adjuster doesn't bother you. I think you'll get the most for your money and get a very good seat! here's why:

- very wide interior seat for longest comfort in hips/shoulders
- tallest shell available
- longer lifespan than the others, 7 yrs compared to 6
- great price!!

Just my opinion, I'm sure others may differ. At this point, it really is all about opinion, no "right" or "wrong" answer.

momof3boys

OK, I took pics of him in the MA, I don't know if that is considered alot of room or not...I don't know if he is long torso'd, short, I'm not sure what to look for.

Last edited:

Shaunam

I'd go for a true fit personally. He's pretty close to the top considering he's not even 18 months!

momof3boys

Thanks, I think it's the size of his head!! My boys all seem to have big, long heads, I guess that's not helpful with car seats...:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC