Got a My Ride! (and a MA) Very Long!

2BunniesMommy

So excited! Both my girls got new seats yesterday. The MA (DOM 5/19/09) was a replacement that I had been waiting for. I am loving it! I thought the DC installed easy, this baby is a breeze! Wasn't sure what I thought of the LATCh bars when I saw them in store, but I am so in love with the indepent LATCH on each side! The harness adjuster is what I had been hoping for as well.

Now, on to the My Ride. (DOM 5/5/09) We went out of town and where we went has the smallest BRU I have ever seen. When we got there I didn't think we would have a chance of them having it. We had not been able to find it in Reno, so why would it be in a So Cal city of 100,000? It was. I can't even describe my excitement when I saw it. Feeling silly thinking about it! I am sure this is the right place to express it though!

My plan had been to get the Alma, since it is for my 3 1/2 year old that has been FFing since Nov. because she reached the 33lb limit on her DC, so I felt I needed to get the one she likes best. Well, decided yesterday that it is taking too long and we would try her in the one at BRU if they had one and then order from Walmart if she fit and get her a girly cover later. She said that sounded good to her and my husband was on board too.

So, we ask to try out the seat. From reading here I thought it would be easy. Nope, had to ask 4 people. The 4th finally said they don't usually let people do that but since I lived 100 miles away they would let me and that an employee would need to stand out there and watch me the whole time and that I had to pull up right in front of the store. So, we got it out there and installed and she got in. Jimmy rigged the infant padding so she could get her bottom down in it and we decided we should have at least 6 mo for her in it and that would make it worth it.

I had first asked if they had any coupons available. The girl said no. Then when I expressed interest in a car seat she said she had 1 but it didn't start until tomorrow (today now). Told her that would not work because we live so far away and would only be there for the day. So, after we determined the seat worked I talked to DH and told him if I could get a 15% off coupon it would be less than ordering it from WM and could we get it right then. He was actually the one that brought up re rearfacing her when he overheard just a bit of the Joel's Journey video when I was getting ready to send the link to a friend. We both liked the idea of being able to have her rearface on the way home, on a very bad highway.

I saw the helpful lady that let me try it and she asked if it worked. Told her it did and asked if she had a coupon I could use to buy it. I was fully prepared to tell her that I would buy it only with a coupon or I would just order it from Walmart when I got home. Didn't have to go there. She heard the words buy it and said lets go look at my desk in the back and promptly produced a 15% off coupon for any 1 baby item.

Of course we installed it right there in the parking lot! (hey her Frontier was already out so we could try the MR, so we had to install something!) She is loving it. I am loving that she is rear facing. The seat cover is trying to pop off, which I had read about here, so new to expect that. I only have 1 other complaint, and that is the manual. Beside the rear facing leg comment I had seen on here, I found something else that I don't think is good.

Page 9 it says...
Vehicle seat protection
Protect vehicle seat. Use a child restraint mat, towel, or thin blanket under and behind child restraint.

Now I know thin towels and blankets can be used if they don't affect the install, but why are they saying to use mats?????

So then I grabbed my SS1 manual to see if it says that. And yes, on 43 it says something very similar.

Yikes!

Sorry this has gotten so long!

ADS

Spam

Glad you like the new seat!! Awesome that she gets to rearface again.. how does she like it?? I didn't like that part of manual either, but like the bent legs, just chose to ignore it.

2BunniesMommy

She loves it! She does say she needs a mirror "so I can see better." I asked her before if she wanted to, saw no reason to spend the $ if it would be a fight. I am not sure if she would have been as willing if she didn't have a rear facing baby sister, but whatever works! When I asked her not too long after we had to turn her ffing what she liked better she picked rear facing. Asked her just now and she said she likes facing backward best, but not sure if it is just because it is a novel thing since she just turned back.

She's happy and I'm happy.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hey, just fyi:D A Graco rep posted on the blog on the reviews that they will be changing that part of the manual:thumbsup: The bent legs part I believe will be taken out.

MomE

I just read the True Fit manual just cuz it's sitting here.... A little light reading over morning coffee.... And it too says that part about protecting the vehicle seat....

2BunniesMommy

Hey, just fyi:D A Graco rep posted on the blog on the reviews that they will be changing that part of the manual:thumbsup: The bent legs part I believe will be taken out.

That is great!!!

I just read the True Fit manual just cuz it's sitting here.... A little light reading over morning coffee.... And it too says that part about protecting the vehicle seat....

Why? Why? Why? That bugs me! They should both know better!

MomE

Why? Why? Why? That bugs me! They should both know better!

Okay, you made me do it!

I pulled out my Safeseat1 manual since it's sitting under the desk (not on it like the TF was), and it says the same thing!

ETA: Oops. You already said that! :eek:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
About the mat thing....also in the warnings it says not to use anything with the seat that didn't come with it or wasn't made by them. So if you can't find a Graco mat, then I guess you can't use one.

Susan

heyruthie

when i was at BRU this past week, I wanted to buy DD a swimsuit, but the only one in her size had a TINY flaw. i asked for a discount, and the manager was within earshot and simply said, "Use one from the coupon drawer." The cashier promptly opened a drawer that had a bunch of loose 15% off coupons just hanging out in there. She scanned one, and off we went. i swear i'm never going to pay full price for anything remotely expensive there again because the last time all i had to tell them was, "I forgot my coupon at home"--which was completely true--and they did the same thing. Apparently, they basically always have those hanging around in said "coupon drawer." and 15% is nothing to sneeze at.

when i was at BRU this past week, I wanted to buy DD a swimsuit, but the only one in her size had a TINY flaw. i asked for a discount, and the manager was within earshot and simply said, "Use one from the coupon drawer." The cashier promptly opened a drawer that had a bunch of loose 15% off coupons just hanging out in there. She scanned one, and off we went. i swear i'm never going to pay full price for anything remotely expensive there again because the last time all i had to tell them was, "I forgot my coupon at home"--which was completely true--and they did the same thing. Apparently, they basically always have those hanging around in said "coupon drawer." and 15% is nothing to sneeze at.

Not true for all BRU. The one I worked at never ever had extras. The coupon booklets they give out every so often when you make a purchase, my store actually always gave them all out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC