Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax Parkway Slide Guard - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Britax is back on the market with a dedicated belt positioning booster, the Britax Parkway Slide Guard.  From the first pictures, it doesn’t look all that exciting, I hate to admit.   But I’ve bought one or two of their original ‘boring’ seats and have been happy with them, so I won’t judge a book [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Re: Britax Parkway Slide Guard - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

ACK! Another seat to consider when Nadia's Marathon expires this fall!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

Re: Britax Parkway Slide Guard - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Ah ha! Slide Guard = Anti-Submarine Clip!!!

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Carseat Crazy Thanksgiving_Twins_Mom's Avatar

is it me, or do the side wings look a bit shallower than the old PW?
    Wonder what other fabric patterns they'll be selling. Right now the selection looks like what we were expecting for the My Ride - various shades of gray and tan.
    Elaine
    Mom to Lydia & Deborah (both 5-stepped and almost as tall as mom) 15YO
    and comfy chair to Lily Cat (no car seats but will use a kitty harness for walks)

Oh man, I may have to seriously consider this seat, especially if it is deeper than the original Parkway. Dh might freak, though.

On the amazon site - under Product Description - it says "A removable backrest" - do you think britax is entering the backless booster world? Or do you think it's just removable meaning you can take it off for storage/travel?
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by capeKO71 View Post
    On the amazon site - under Product Description - it says "A removable backrest" - do you think britax is entering the backless booster world? Or do you think it's just removable meaning you can take it off for storage/travel?
    I was told by customer service when calling about my broken parkway that the new one was able to be used backless... this isn't britax's first backless though.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

I don't know...it looks like a turbobooster to me with a Britax label. I wish they would have left the design of the seat alone but added the slide guard and latch.
    Another thought; who (as in what groups of kids) is going to benefit the most from this guard?
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanksgiving_Twins_Mom View Post
    is it me, or do the side wings look a bit shallower than the old PW?
    Agree, don't look very deep.

And, is that MESH again?!?!?! Come on, stop with the stupid mesh!!

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemomof3 View Post
    I don't know...it looks like a turbobooster to me with a Britax label. I wish they would have left the design of the seat alone but added the slide guard and latch.
    Another thought; who (as in what groups of kids) is going to benefit the most from this guard?
    Smaller/lighter kids.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart