when did Britax change the bases on roundabouts?

Cryssy Jane

I have a friend who insists that her roundabout is a 2008 model, however instead of having the smaller square base, she has the long flat base. So I'm curious when did the base style change? I looked on the pictorial, but it has the longer base as well so I don't know when the style changed. If this is expired then I need to inform her... she had her 3 month old FF in this roundabout, and while I flipped it for her, it didn't dawn on me until after the fact that this seat has the old base style. Please help me help her.

ADS

MomToEliEm

My 2002 roundabout had the older base style. It also didn't have latch straps. Did her roundabout have latch straps? I think they changed the base design in 2003 sometime.

Cryssy Jane

Yeah I know!!! She has a 17 month old as well, who is rather tiny... I think she said around 22 lbs, that she said she's always FF. I talked to her about how RF is so much safer especially for tiny kiddos. She understood and was greatful that I said something. She stated that she wished someone said something when her first was born. She has a Chase as a carseat for her 17 month old, and now wants to flip him RF after our conversation but she's not sure what seat to get.

She drive a 1998 honda civic. She's 5'10 so there has to be room for her in the drivers seat. Single mom, who rarely has anyone else in the car.

Her 3 month old is roughly 12 lbs, sits in the bottom slots of the RA (not greatly, straps are below shoulders but not by much).

Her 17 month old is roughly 22 lbs, is on the 2nd to bottom slots in the chase, she had him in the third and they were about an inch and a half above his shoulders.

Cryssy Jane

My 2002 roundabout had the older base style. It also didn't have latch straps. Did her roundabout have latch straps? I think they changed the base design in 2003 simetime.

Hers does have latch straps. They're tan with the latch connector at the end.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There was a period of a couple months there where the RA's still had the big rounded base AND LATCH. Back in 2003. :eek:

Cryssy Jane

hmm ok. I'll see if I can inspect it and see what exact date it has on it.

Any recommendations to get her 17 month old RF again? I have a scenera but it's pink... she could use it for her 3 month old to get her out of the RA, any suggestions for the chase? I'll see if I can check that and make sure it's not expired as well, since she said she got it from a friend.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Scenera for the baby, Roundabout for the 17 month old if it's not expired.

Otherwise, a Scenera for him too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC