Anyone have a shell height for the Scenera?

urchin_grey

I'd do it myself, but I can't find my tape measure. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping the MR is quite a bit taller... I noticed yesterday that DN only has about an inch more to grow in his Scenera. He's hovering around 30lbs though so my sister was thinking of getting a MR. But if the shell of the MR isn't much taller than the Scenera, he might outgrow that by height too before he makes it to 35lbs. :(

ADS

urchin_grey

The MR shell is approximately the same as the Marathon.

Yeah, I saw that... MR is 24in and MA is 25. I don't have either here to try him in though and I'm not sure how the Scenera compares. :eek: I guess we'll have to try him in the MA next time we go to Target. :p

urchin_grey

OMG, I was just looking at this pic from only a few months ago...

DSCN5251.jpg

And now he only has an inch left to grow?!
STOP GROWING, CHILD! :eek:

urchin_grey

It's 23 inches.

Really?? Bah, that means the MR is only an inch taller. :(

Ya know though... My sister weighed him the other day and he was 29lbs... I'm willing to bet it will be a loooong time before he gains 6lbs. He's almost 2 so I'm guessing he's going to get taller faster than he gets fatter? LOL

I really have no idea how kids normally grow... My kid doesn't grow normally. :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, gosh, I guess not...my dd was your ds' size when she was 19 months old.
I think most kids, even slightly chunky ones, make it to 2.5 or 3 RF in the Scenera. (33lbs being 'average' for a 3 yo boy).
I just tossed my dd in the Scenera to see, and I think she's got a good 1.5 inches over her head now, at about 35lbs and 39.5 inches and almost 3.5.

urchin_grey

Oh, gosh, I guess not...my dd was your ds' size when she was 19 months old.
I think most kids, even slightly chunky ones, make it to 2.5 or 3 RF in the Scenera. (33lbs being 'average' for a 3 yo boy).
I just tossed my dd in the Scenera to see, and I think she's got a good 1.5 inches over her head now, at about 35lbs and 39.5 inches and almost 3.5.

Really? Wow, she must have some long legs! Both DS and DN are 33in but DS has long legs and a short torso, while DN has short legs and a big head. LOL So DS has a lot more shell over his head.

Anyway... I guess I'll tell her to go ahead and get the TF like she wanted in the first place and hope he just gets taller and skinnier. :whistle: Thank gawd he's not built like his dad.... They said he was 20lbs at like 5mo. :eek:

NannyMom

Sofi has 3 inches in the Scenera and Titan (much to my surprise). 4 inches in the MR and MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC