You don't think this is recall worthy, do you?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
radianlabel.jpg

See it?

radianlabel2.jpg

I just noticed that today. hehehe

Wendy

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
What seat is that? Is it your radian?

Just curious too know, thats all

I would say it would be a recall, for all those out there who need "everything" spelled out for them!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, it's the Radian. We're using it in my car now with our Wizard loaned out.

Think I should mention it to them? It's such a stupid thing. People don't even notice for the most part. IF they read the label they just gloss over it, knowing already what it says. I'd hate to make SK spend millions of dollars over fixing it. But I know labels and manuals are golden. We wouldn't want kids to have an INUURY.

Wendy

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That's a classic Jay Leno headline misprint! I would contact them, my goodness they put on strollers/swings/infant seats etc. not to tie a string around babies neck :confused: shouldn't most people know this? Also on strollers in the warnings it says not to put hot drinks in child trays and consoles, you'd think it would be self explanitory on the child tray!

Also could it be a law suit if someone failed to follow these instructions and come back and say "it didn't say it could cause injury" because of a misprint?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OH MY GOSH!!! :eek: :eek:

I am an English teacher and usually catch errors such as that one. Wow. It is amazing that label made it though the entire production process without someone noticing such a glaring error. Wow.

I try not to get upset about grammatical, spelling, and conventional errors, but I often do cringe when I see such errors. Although we all occasionally make mistakes, it never ceases to amaze me how many adults truly seem to be unable to use correct grammar. The errors I see most often are:

their/there/they're
to/too/two
alot/a lot
irregardless/regardless
already/all ready
its/it's
accept/except
like/as
good/well
kind of/sort of/somewhat/rather
neither/nor and either/or
outside of/outside
should of/would of/could of

I am definitely guilty of making mistakes, so I don't mean to sound almighty. I am just pointing out some of the mistakes I see often.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I see alot of those to. What should of you done? Sometimes their are just to many errors.

LOL Sorry. My mom is a stickler for grammar and spelling (though she can't hear spelling errors). She would stop us constantly while we were speaking and correct us if we made an error ("David and me went to the store." "David and me?" "David and *I*."). Now she lets me know if my blog or Piper's site have errors on them. She's the only one in the family without some amount of dyslexia, and she's a professor, so she's the dedicated proofreader. LOL

Wendy

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Can you raed tihs proprely? It's the way the brain works...something about the first and last letters of the word, is really all our brain reads...everything else can be out of order and we still 'see' it correctly.

LuvBug

you know what is really sad? My sister's marathon has a misprint that forward facing where it should be rearfacing on the sticker on the side. When she comes back through town tomorrow Ill look to see where exactly it was but I laughed! and then wondered if it had been recalled or something and that is why she got it for 199(it was foofy and this was about 1.5y ago so it wasnt because it was discontinued).

LuvBug

Can you raed tihs proprely? It's the way the brain works...something about the first and last letters of the word, is really all our brain reads...everything else can be out of order and we still 'see' it correctly.

shoot I even right like that sometimes. When I have been writing for TOO long Ill spell tihs wrong. Or I will write 'with the' as 'withe'. And then I never notice because we self correct ourselves as we read.

Simplysomething

OH MY GOSH!!! :eek: :eek:

irregardless/regardless

Oh how I loathe the word irregardless. I've this irrational hatred of it.

And the thing is...as you'll notice in my posts, my grammar isn't perfect. It's just THAT word, drives me crazy.

(So does the word "monies". Dunno why. But "dunno"? totally doesn't bother me).

Also, Wendy? Tell them! lol I'd love to hear the response. lol

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok, this is totally OT but does it drive anyone else batty when people say "I could care less"? Ummmm it is I couldn't care less because you could not care any less then you already do. Drives me nuts...nuts I say!
Oh and I am sure my "..." drive people nuts too but I love them!! :p

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

And the thing is...as you'll notice in my posts, my grammar isn't perfect. It's just THAT word, drives me crazy.

(So does the word "monies". Dunno why. But "dunno"? totally doesn't bother me).

Also, Wendy? Tell them! lol I'd love to hear the response. lol

"Error on Radian label

I have a Radian that I purchased last November, model #10600, DOM 10/05.
The label right on the seat is incorrect, there is a misspelling. I
don't know if this has been fixed on newer seats, but I wanted to bring
it to your attention. The airbag label, right behind the child's back,
says "Death or Serious Inuury" rather than "Death or Serious Injury." I
took a picture of it. http://www.baz.com/wendy/radianlabel2.jpg

Thank you. We've loved the seat in the year we've had it. Absolutely
fabulous.

Wendy"

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
This reminds me of something funny--I have a HP wide-format printer (I'm a graphic designer and had to get it for when I was in school). Anyway, there's a little dialog box that pops up when it's low on ink to tell you such. I finally read the warning one day and to my surprise, it read something like this:

"Your HP print cartridge is almost out of ink. HP recommends replacing the cartridge when print quality is no longer unacceptable."

This made me laugh, as I haven't been all to thrilled with the print quality from this printer as well as the quality of the unit itself.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

In formal writing, my grammar is usually correct. However, in informal writing, such as on the internet, I make numerous mistakes due to writing too quickly and not editing my work. I am honest with my students about that, as well. I often make mistakes in speech and in informal writing. They know I am not perfect!! :)

What irritates me is when adults seem unable to use correct grammar. While we all make mistakes, I am worried about adults who truly do not know the difference between some homophones and other words/phrases of common English usage.

I agree with you about "irregardless." :p I find it SO irritating when people use that word!! IT IS NOT A WORD!!! :p

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There's a restaurant in downtown Raleigh called the Irregardless Cafe. hehehe It would drive you guys insane (I've heard the name enough now that it doesn't bother me). It's what I think of when I heard irregardless.

Wendy

becca011906

Senior Community Member
just checked mine out i though ok maybe they had fixed it by the time mine was manufatured in 2/06 you know 4 months later maybe it was fixed... NOPE mine was miss printed as well.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LOL Hilarious!

Hmmm, wondering if the USA baby by me has any in stock that I can go and look at. Now I'm curious. I can't have been the first to notice this.

Wendy

beebear23

Senior Community Member
My BF and I opened a package that had a blow up swim ring in it. On the package it said "Warning. Keep away from children and PETE". Supposed to say pets.. LOL.. We had a good laugh about that.. And so did her dh. LOL

cantech

I've just checked my Radian's label and it's okay. It is of course the Canadian version with DOM of 08/06 and our warnings are in English and French so this doesn't mean that the problem isn't ongoing for the US versions.

Belinda

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC