Babies might not love carrot cake, but my wife loves me!

Splash

Guess what I got today? Guess? GUESS!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Cocorro-Lightweight-Convertible-Carrot/dp/B001RAFWEG"]Carrot cake![/ame]

It was a surprise, waiting for me when I got home. AND she let me play with it without griping that i was taking too long.

First impressions....

The bad

Manual is poorly written. The wording is okay, but the pictures make no sense. I installed this seat wrong twice before I figured it out.
Baby butt ramp is difficult to use, and can only be used when baby is in the first slots.
LATCH install is impossible in my car.
Puzzle buckle is non-intuitive (even for a puzzle buckle).
Harness covers are a bit too long for a small baby, almost too long for Sam.
Cover is gonna get dirty like nothing else.

The good

TINY!!! This seat fit so well in my backseat... I could cross my legs in the front. AND I can almost squeeze a small human between that and my loaner GO (which is soooo making me want a GO of my own, because it would fit in the middle, and Charlie would be in the middle, and I would be happy).
DEEP sides. Very. Way deeper than MA.
Really decent harness height. Easily get most kids to 40 pounds.
Sam fell asleep. Twice. :jaw:
Easy RF install once you know what you're doing.
VERY lightweight. Super lightweight.
It's ORANGE!!!!

So, I broke my own rule, and I read the manual. I never ever read the manual before installing a seat. I always install it first, intuitively, and then read the manual and make sure I did it right. I'm pretty sure that had I just installed it on my own, without manual, I would have gotten it right the first time. Instead of the third. When RF with the belt, it installs very much like a baseless infant seat.

This seat takes up less room in the back than a RA did, yet it has WAY more interior room than a RA. Also, much lower bottom slots. Sam is just above the 2nd (of four) in the CCC, whereas he is about even with the first (of 3) in the RA. This is without the CCC infant insert. With the insert, all but the tiniest of tinies will fit in this from birth.

I was hating it for awhile, because the manual did me wrong. But after I figured it out, I loved it. Oh, and my RF lock-off is broken :(. So I need to call and get a new one.

All in all- great seat. A must for small backseats like mine. Not a long time ERF seat, but easily to 2,2.5. The sides by the legs are relatively low (not as much as the RA, but way more than the MA) so easy to plop legs over the side. It's also pretty deep, despite first glance. It's very deceiving.

And...

It's ORANGE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The orange is super cute! Our coalition leader got that one. I like that it's bright, but more peachy than fluorescent (though certainly orange).

I actually found the puzzle buckle to be very intuitive. Maybe our brains work differently :) I actually like the buckle, and I tend to hate puzzle buckles.

It sounds like you might finally be solving your car seat conundrums!

NannyMom

I want to see pics too :) Congrats on the new seat. Now if only the go came in orange....

I really want to see one IRL. It just seems so small. Does anyone have a pic of a 30-40 pound kid FF in it? How high are the top harness slots? And how tall is the shell for RF?

Splash

Oh the puzzle buckle itself is perfect, just where is buckles. I would be expecting top of front, it buckles in the back of the buckle, which is just a bit odd.

It's bigger than the RA, that's for sure. Top slots higher by about an inch, shell probably 2+ higher, much deeper in the seat as well. I'd plop Charlie in it but it's already installed.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh the puzzle buckle itself is perfect, just where is buckles. I would be expecting top of front, it buckles in the back of the buckle, which is just a bit odd.

Ah, gotcha! Now that I think about it, there were a few times that I tried to buckle it into the front part.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC