DD's opinion on rearfacing...

mom2juliarose

Yesterday when I was on here she saw pics of kids RFing. She had to turn at 2 years, 9 months because she was 33 pounds (and that was the highest the MAs went then). She remembered "riding backwards."

So today we're in the car in bumper-to-bumper traffic and she says to me, "Hey mom! I wish I could ride backwards again. Then I could look at the cars coming behind you and tell you if you should go slower or faster!"

I think I'm glad she's FFing. I *think*. :whistle:

ADS

Joyofbirth

I love kids opnions on things. You would have never thought that your rear-facer could be your back-seat driver. That's the best. My 4-year-old dd yelled Stop, mom when we were pulling up to a red light. I turned back and asked why, expecting a spill or something. She said "that car in front of us is stopped, so you have to stop." How did we function without them?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
So today we're in the car in bumper-to-bumper traffic and she says to me, "Hey mom! I wish I could ride backwards again. Then I could look at the cars coming behind you and tell you if you should go slower or faster!"

:ROTFLMAO: Too funny!

bthane23

How cute!!! My oldest is 5 and FAR too big to rear face...haha...but she always begs me to turn her Regent rear facing. LOL! She actually cried for about 1/2 an hour one day when we were cleaning the van and I re-installed the carseats. She was SURE I would turn her RF too. She is so jealous of her little sister. Poor thing! My dh thinks its funny. My youngest, who is RF, loves to tell me the color of the car behind us. "mom you got a red truck in the back of you" "mom you got a white car in the back of you" "mom you need to wash the window. the car in the back of you looks dusty" haha!

sunnymw

Too funny.

I want to keep DS rear-facing because I don't want him to critique my driving skills (or lack thereof).

cute!
my biggest problem with my 'backseat drivers' was when they were preschoolers and DD2 would be telling me "mom the light is red!" because she'd be looking out the window and seeing the signal light for the cross-street:eek:. I had to tell her many times that "that's the light for the cars that are going in that direction, we have to look at the light for the cars that are going our direction"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC