how did the child(ren) outgrow the MA/BLVD/DC/FPSVD?

how did they outgrow the MA/BLVD/DC/FPSVD seats RFing?

• 33lb seat by height

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 33lb seat by weight

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • 33lbs seat by both height & weight

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 35lbs seat by height

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 35lb seat by weight

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 35lb seatby both height & weight

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • clicky box

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

ginny4

just want the general idea of what came first weight, height or both at the same time. i thought this way some folks will get a better idea if the MR 40lb would help them.

i have the 33lb FPSVD & he outgrew by weight 1st at about 26mo. he even would have outgrown by weight as well even if it was a 35lb limit one. according to test bench at BRU for both the MA & MR he still fit height wise (3yo on the 23rd of june).

Last edited:
ADS

Melizerd

33lbs rear facing MA by height. My kid is an amazon child and has a really long torso.

He'll be 2 1/2 in on June 23rd actually (I didn't know they were exactly 6 months from each other ;) ) and he's already 40 or 41 inches tall. He's still only about 30 maybe 32 lbs now.

LilypadMom

Senior Community Member
33 pound Blvd by height and weight at the same time. She was 3 years and just about 5 months, 32.4-32.8 pounds (depending on clothes and food) and was right at the 1 inch mark. It was the last week of January and we had a warm day so I turned the seat that day instead of waiting to see if she hit the height or weight first and having to turn her in a snowstorm or something.

Chameleon

Ugh I think I clicked 33lb by height. I meant by weight.

Edit OMG my brain is totally not working right. Height is correct. LOL Time to go to bed.

Last edited:

DahliaRW

I have a 33lb MA. Ds1 outgrew it by height way before then. Ds2 is chunkier and might make it to 33lbs. I actually need to check his head room in it, it's in my dh's car so he doesn't ride in it often. It just depends on when the next growth spurt is. Right now his weight is hovering around 30-31 because he's so active. I don't think there is any way he's make it to 35lbs if I had a 35lb seat, he'd definitely outgrow by height...

He would most likely make it to 35lbs in the radian, fwiw. Maybe more if they ever come out with a 40lb one.

tiggercat

30 lb MA by weight (Canada) which was 2 yrs old. ETA, she had tonnes of room above her head, I'd guess she would have made it to 35lbs if the seat had been rated that high.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
DD outgrew her 35 pound MA RF by weight at 4 years & 1 month. She still had a little bit of growing room heightwise.

momto2princes

We are in Canada so our MA is 30RF/65FF. We turned him at 2.5 years when he was nearly 28 pounds (this was before I knew I should have kept him RF a while longer). He finally outgrew the MA FF around his 6th birthday and that was by height only as he is nearly 6.5 years old and only 42lbs now.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ds outgrew his EFTA rf'ing by weight. He *still* would not have outgrown it by height and he is almost 4 and about 40lbs.

Shaunam

We don't have a marathon, but I try DS in it occasionally at target. LOL His head was definitely even with the top of the seat by 35 lbs. He was so thin for so long though. He's the type of kid who would definitely have needed a radian or truefit to rf until 35 lbs. He got too tall for the EFTA by 33 lbs I think? There's so many seats I forget! He's 40 lbs now and looks even with the marathon slots (in the store, not installed) and has one inch in the EFTA (installed).

lynsgirl

So far, I've only had one kid outgrow it RF and another one is currently still using it RF. I have 2 33-lb seats (one is 8/2004 and the other is 12/2006). Ds2 outgrew it by weight at 4yrs 2.5 mos. He outgrew it FF by height at around 45 lbs and 6.5ish yrs old.

Ds3 is 2 yrs 8 mos and 29ish lbs and fits fine so far. We'll see how his growth pattern continues, since it's slightly ahead of how ds2's was at the same ages.

IF I'd had a 35lb MA, ds2 probably would only have made it another 3-4 mos, since his growth decided to just take off around that time and he shot from 33lbs to 36 lbs in a few months time.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I voted for the 33lb seat outgrown by height even though dd was in a 30lb MA. (Canada.) She was close to outgrowing it by height when she was 29lbs, and it took her another year to get over 33lbs. Her head was definitely over the top of the shell at the point when we got the TF.

eta: I'm sure ds will be the same way. He was 28.5lbs when I weighed him the other day, and hovers between there and 30lbs. I expect it will probably be another year before he gets over 33lbs. He has about a 15" torso and is now using position 3 in the TF. My kids are usually above 60% for height though and between 20 and 25 for weight, so they're just tall and thin.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC