Saw a weird booster. Help me name it?

menfusse

The main clue to name it might be the embroidered bear on the top of it. It was a highback, navy blue in color. I didn't see any plastic on it, or belt guides. It looked pretty comfy really. I was startled because you don't see anything unusual around here because of the limited choice in seats locally and the fact that most people don't care enough to look around. Any idea what it might be?

ADS

menfusse

Yup, that was it. I'm still astonished that anybody in this town would take the time to look for a seat beyond what is available at walmart, or heck even look for a booster at all. I don't know how old the child was riding in it, only saw it in a parked car.

NannyMom

I think One Step ahead sells/sold them. So they may ahve jsut seen it in a catalog and ordered it. As opposed to searching seats out ;)

I see a similar seat all thet ime at gymnastics. Except it's a kangaroo, not bear. And it's expired. THe youngest has older siblings in their 20s and teens... so it must be a hand me down booster :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think One Step ahead sells/sold them. So they may ahve jsut seen it in a catalog and ordered it. As opposed to searching seats out ;)

I see a similar seat all thet ime at gymnastics. Except it's a kangaroo, not bear. And it's expired. THe youngest has older siblings in their 20s and teens... so it must be a hand me down booster :(

Would that maybe be the Downunder Kangaroo? Wasn't that recalled as well as expired? First one on p. 24 of the pictoral.

NannyMom

Yes, that's the seat. I've never heard it was recalled. And my latest recall list says Downunder didn't have any recalls.

Now seeing that it's at least 9 years old, I'm going to have to get up the courage and say something to the Mom one day. They use it for carpool, so it's someone else's mom that brings it in, and I never see them leave (it's a long drop off thing and I don't do pick up).

NannyMom

Huh, when I googled I read they had a "voluntary recall" but maybe not on that model.

Huh here too. My sheet says "DOwnunder (out of business) (no recalls)" Do you have a link? (off to google it)....

ETA- I found what you were seeing. Looks like it wasn't an actual recall (hence, nothing on my recall sheet). But it was some kind of advisory. TO add info to the manual for shoulder belt positioning. And some could have a velcro strap added. THe one I always see has no velcro. So they didn't know about or didn't do anything about the advisory. And that also means it was made prior to Jan 31, 1997

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC