Coccoro pics with 3.5 yo RF & FF (PIC HEAVY)

autumnlily

I took these photo's last night of my oldest DD - who last measured 31lbs (dressed), 37" tall (I think she has grown an inch though to equal 38") and I've forgotten her torso measurement but it was something like 14".

She was not the most cooperative model - so please disregard the frowns :rolleyes: and the "fort" making materials strewn about the floor.

The seat RF is at a full 45 degree angle in these pics:

IMG_0507-vi.jpg

IMG_0501-vi.jpg

IMG_0502-vi.jpg

IMG_0504-vi.jpg

IMG_0505-vi.jpg

The seat RF is at an approximate 40 degree angle...

IMG_0509-vi.jpg

IMG_0518-vi.jpg

Forward Facing (I had not replaced the cover hooks... I was running out of model time):

IMG_0530-vi.jpg

IMG_0532-vi.jpg

ADS

daniele_ut

Wow, she doesn't have much leg room, but she still fits! I've been trying to justify buying one for months and your pics may push me over the edge.

She's cute, BTW!

autumnlily

It is definitely a compact convertible! I would not have this be her ERF seat - although she technically still fits RF.

I'm trying to decide if I keep it for our few times we need three across in my parent prius and my DH Avalon. IF it installs nicely - it may be the most expensive compact "back-up" seat in our house. I'm still praying for a miracle in our 2007 sienna :( for installation.

scatterbunny

For those wanting to RF beyond 3ish, yeah, it's not a great option, but most folks are fine turning FF at 2-3 (and really, as long as the kiddo can make it to 2, I'm happy), so for most folks, I think it's a nice seat to recommend. It can certainly accommodate bigger kids than I ever expected, just from looking at it.

barnmama25

Cute!!! That seat is so cool. And the fact that you have a vehicle seat in your house is amazing!! Now that's dedication.

autumnlily

Cute!!! That seat is so cool. And the fact that you have a vehicle seat in your house is amazing!! Now that's dedication.

LOL - my DH does not think so :p

With three kiddos and a frustrating install... I just took it out of the van so I could get some "quality" time. Otherwise, I'm limited to our nap time to go and play with my seats or late at night when all the kiddos are in bed. It has been fun to work with it in such a roomy environment.

autumnlily

For those wanting to RF beyond 3ish, yeah, it's not a great option, but most folks are fine turning FF at 2-3 (and really, as long as the kiddo can make it to 2, I'm happy), so for most folks, I think it's a nice seat to recommend. It can certainly accommodate bigger kids than I ever expected, just from looking at it.

I agree! I'm just SO happy to see it work for my children. The twins are on a slower growth curve then their big sister to-date... so, it confirms to me that I can't go wrong with a compact convertible AND get 3 years ERF. And, another year FF.

It's definitely an option for children on the small to smallish/average size that want 3 years of use out of the seat (RF & FF).

Shaunam

Any comparison pics of her in another seat? :whistle:

The coccoro is sooo tiny, but it's like tiny on the outside, but not so much on the inside. It looks like it has the inside dimensions of a scenera, only way cuter and takes up way less space.

I also wonder, if you move the straps down where they would be if you were using it rf'ing, and got her in there good and snug, if it would pull her down a little and give more room over her head. I notice that when I put DS in with the straps below his shoulders, it pulls him down and gives him more room above his head. Which is why he looked like he grew 6 inches when he went from rf'ing to ff'ing. :p

autumnlily

Any comparison pics of her in another seat? :whistle:

The coccoro is sooo tiny, but it's like tiny on the outside, but not so much on the inside. It looks like it has the inside dimensions of a scenera, only way cuter and takes up way less space.

I also wonder, if you move the straps down where they would be if you were using it rf'ing, and got her in there good and snug, if it would pull her down a little and give more room over her head. I notice that when I put DS in with the straps below his shoulders, it pulls him down and gives him more room above his head. Which is why he looked like he grew 6 inches when he went from rf'ing to ff'ing. :p

I'll see if she will cooperate with the photo's tonight. I have a MA and RN I could try. I do feel that she was just a smidge under the top slots for RF and could have easily had the straps down one slot. Again, time was a major factor for my princess grumpy ;) and she may gain a bit of head room. But the leg room is a bit limited.

HOWEVER, I need to ask in the tech/install forum - if I had the auto seat reclined just a bit, 1st: would it be safe? and 2nd: wouldn't it provide just a bit more leg room. The manual clearly states something to the effect that "if the seat can be adjusted, to put it in it's most upright position". Honestly, off topic, IF I could do this safely, then I would consider the CCO compatible with the seats of a second row 8-passenger Sienna (currently, I can't get it installed without issues).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC