Ugg, another which seat (frontier, regent, radianXT???)

J-max

CPST Instructor
OK, so dd#3 is needing a new seat. She is right at outgrowing her BLVD. I think I have it narrowed down to a regent, frontier, or maybe a radianXT.

She loves the headwings on the BLVD, and when she does occasionally ride in #2s regent, she misses the headwings. Plus, I would like the option of putting it in the 3rd row of the suburban (she normally rides in the middle of the 2nd row), which only has 1 tether, currently in use by the other regent, so it would have to be untethered. The good numbers for HE untethered and the head wings are why I tossed the radian in the equation. I am not sure how well one will install there or how long she will have in it? (I also would like to try 3 across the back seat just to see if it can be done with 3 radians:cool:) There are not any within a days drive that I know of normally, but I might be able to try one after the car seat check we are doing on Saturday, depending on time.

I love the low profile of the regent, and I could actually see out my back window if I had both the middle girls in regents :thumbsup: Plus I already have a second matching Madison cover. The con of this is 2 of them do not fit in the third row because of the way the 3rd row folds (I know I have it in my sig, I was borrowing one to try out for a trip) When we are traveling it is nice to have the 2 middle girls in the third row. and my oldest in the middle to hand things back and forth, control the DVD, etc

I have never seen or touched a frontier IRL, but it has the head wings that #3 likes, plus it is pink, which helps :). I have no idea how it will fit anywhere in my car. There is not one I can find, anywhere within a day's drive :( Plus, it prob needs a tether, right?, which puts it out of the third row.

DD#2 loved her regent and hates sitting in a booster, plus she tends to fall asleep in the car, so I expect her to continue to use her regent for another year or so.

So, please help, I really need to figure this out, she seems to be growing every day! Which of these would you pick or if you can think of a better option, please let me know!

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The Frontier only needs a tether past 65 pounds, it can be untethered before then.

I'd go with the Frontier. An XT wouldn't gain you much time - MAYBE two years, if her torso growth is slow, but that's pushing it, a year is more likely.

She doesn't like the Regent and it requires a tether in most situations, so I'd go with the Frontier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC