Can someone with a Monterey take some pictures for me?

MustangMama

I am curious as to where the LATCH connects to the restraint. Can anybody take a picture of it installed using LATCH and also a couple pics of the back of the seat?

Does anybody know the width of the base?

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
When it's installed you won't be able to see ANY part of LATCH. No straps, anchors or anything.
The pics on the website show the LATCH strap just as well as any other pics. They come out of 2 slots in the back of the seat. The webbing part threads through them and into the seat where you can't see them. Just the hooks stick out. I guess it's attached inside to the adjuster strap, there's no place to actually see this.

The width is 19.5"

MustangMama

Ahhhh thanks guys! I found their website and it showed how to use the LATCH. Thanks for the measurements too.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Hmmmm. If I ditched the GN when AJ outgrew it and bought this, I could still get 3 across the back w/out having to buy one booster and then a latchable one later. It probably won't fit in my 3rd row though.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Hmmmm. If I ditched the GN when AJ outgrew it and bought this, I could still get 3 across the back w/out having to buy one booster and then a latchable one later. It probably won't fit in my 3rd row though.

I REALLY love the Monterey. It's so soft and comfy.:)

mommyto4

I don't have pictures, but wanted to say, I love our Monterrey. I just wish it would last longer for my big boy (he has a wide backside and is almost too wide for it). I need to find a really wide seat.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
What is your son's age, height, and weight? I don't think you're going to find much wider than a Monterey -- maybe an Apex?

mommyto4

DS is 9 (May20), he is 4' 6 or 7 " and weighs 104 pounds. He fits in the Monterrey (barely)and the Ambassador (again barely). I have thought about a Prospect (even though I would have to buy the whole seat just to use it as a backless). I just prefer him in a highback as long as possible. He has autism and does not always sit right. However, he does not try to get out of his seat, he just slouches really bad and ends up with the belt around his belly. An anti sub clip would be ideal for him, but I don't think the PWSG is going to be wide enough (we will see). I have even considered a Frontier (as a booster), but that is a lot of money, which I really don't have, for a booster. I don't know, but I will have to figure something out soon. I don't know how much longer I can squeeze him into the Monterrey.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Bethany will be 8yo next month. 65lbs and about 49"-50" tall.

We have her Monterey set on the smallest width! No danger of her outgrowing it anytime soon!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC