Same Accident Scene as Kyle's but Child in 5PT survives ejection

Yoshi

This link was on a message board I found while googling stuff about 5pt harness safety. This is the forum here- where Kyle's mother responds to questions about the seatbelt testing after the accident:

http://sahm.meetup.com/75/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2405133

And here is the news story with many similarities at the same intersection where Kyle's family's accident was but 2 yr old in 5 pt harness seat survives ejection from vehicle:

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/082206/local_20060822001.php

ADS

Splash

If someone is a member of this board, please set this woman straight. It's not the lack of appropriate seats that kills kids, it's women like this one who refuse to read their manual and then try to get others to do all the wrong things they are. Gah! I can't even bring myself to reply (but I couldn't anyway, because I am not a member).
We have the alpha omega elite - and it's so great! it is considered a "booster" once you take the base off, but the child sits in the same seat with the 5-pt harness throughout the entire time, even through the transitions - I recommend that one for sure!

Yoshi

You won't believe it, but I joined the forum so that I could e-mail her!!! (I am crazy with PMS today, LOL!!!:eek: ) I told her she was mistaken and that she should re-read her manual because the harness MUST be removed after 40lbs or when it is outgrown by height. I hope I don't p*** her off, but someone needed to tell her!!!!

CandCfam

You won't believe it, but I joined the forum so that I could e-mail her!!! (I am crazy with PMS today, LOL!!!:eek: ) I told her she was mistaken and that she should re-read her manual because the harness MUST be removed after 40lbs or when it is outgrown by height. I hope I don't p*** her off, but someone needed to tell her!!!!

She posted a correction after you emailed her! 2 TU!

Yoshi

Not only did she correct her info, she READ her manual and e-mailed me to thank me. COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

tjham

Now someone needs to tell them that with some seats, it IS ok to leave the handle up!

(Just when the word finally gets around about a "rule", the "rule" gets changed. No wonder so many people get things wrong! :rolleyes: )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC