MyRide incident

firemomof3

OK, today I learned that strawberry coolattas and car seats don't mix :eek: The poor MyRide was soaked and I had to order a new harness, which is not in stock and will take up to 8 weeks :mad: I'll let you all know how hard/easy the cover is take off and how the washing goes :rolleyes:

UPDATE:
The cover came off easy and the harness was not soaked (more foamy than anything). And thank goodness because I have no idea how I would get the harness out!

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

I'm not sure...but I cannot figure out how to even get to it. But I'm very mechanically challenged so it might take me a little while :whistle:
I already placed an order for a replacement harness so it must come out, right?

cookie123

Oh, right! Now that I think of it, isn't there a little compartment you have to access to get at the harness, or what is that I'm thinking of? Oh, maybe the new Radian?

NannyMom

as far as the replacement harness taking 8 weeks.... I was told the smae for a replacement cover (because i complained about the side not staying on, they sent me a free one)... and it came in like a week.

firemomof3

as far as the replacement harness taking 8 weeks.... I was told the smae for a replacement cover (because i complained about the side not staying on, they sent me a free one)... and it came in like a week.

Oh really...:rolleyes: They sent you a new cover??!! When I got mine, the cover was already not staying on. Do you get to choose the cover?

NannyMom

Oh really...:rolleyes: They sent you a new cover??!! When I got mine, the cover was already not staying on. Do you get to choose the cover?

I didn't ask if I could choose the cover. I called, told them it won't stay on. It started doing that the very first time I removed it to tighten the latch. She said she'd send me a replacement cover. I haven't put it on yet because I'm sure it will do the same thing.... And I plan to wait until more covers are out. Then maybe they'll let me choose a different one ;)

ETA- I think you should call and get your free replacement cover and trade for my brown one ;) I like the dots

*jen*

Oh no...the covers don't stay on? That is the exact problem I ahve the Radian 65(it is coming way off on both sides) and it bugs me to NO end. I don't know if I can handle another seat with that same issue. :(

firemomof3

The cover is the one thing I don't like about the MyRide, they're "cheap" feeling. When I took my seat out of the box, the cover was already off on the sides. Ya, its annoying but really not that big of a deal :twocents:

NannyMom

Oh no...the covers don't stay on? That is the exact problem I ahve the Radian 65(it is coming way off on both sides) and it bugs me to NO end. I don't know if I can handle another seat with that same issue. :(

My cover was fine. Until I removed 1 side to get a better pull on the latch strap. Now it sort of doesn't stay on. THere's elastic around the cup holders, to hold it on there. But the bit that goes around the curve on the side doesn't like to stay on now. It doesn't bother me much.

firemomof3

Well, I machine washed the cover in my front loader in cold water on the delicate cycle and then let it dry in the sun. Its perfect :D Just wanted to let you all know.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC