German Recaro Monza Booster- Drool

Yoshi

This booster looks very nice- I might convince my mom (who is in Germany for the month) to bring one back. What do you guys think?
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=5262&L=2
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=565&L=2

1. I like the low profile
2. I love the Mp3 capability
3. I like the adjustable sleep head rest feature
4. I like that it is Recaro (we love our Vivo)
5. Similar sidewings to the Monterey
6. LATCH-able. or not. depending on which one you look at first.

Last edited:
ADS

Yoshi

I didn't see anything that said it's LATCHable.

You're right, I edited my list:eek: I don't really care one way or the other.....but I would put it in DH's car anyway because she's outboard in that car and the side wings seem more substantial than say, the PW that she rides in now.

Oh, and it's about 115 Euro......

TXAggieTech

We were looking at these today while hunting for the Vario. DH really like them, I'm not booster crazy yet but they are nice. They look super comfy!

Yoshi

We were looking at these today while hunting for the Vario. DH really like them, I'm not booster crazy yet but they are nice. They look super comfy!

Where did you see one IRL? In the US? Maybe I don't need my mom to bring one unless the US one costs more.....115 Euros is about $163.

cookie123

The special needs seat looks nice in the link the link linked to! But what is the seat next to it, I wonder. It looks like a cute pattern.

southpawboston

i would take the seatfix version in a heartbeat! rigid LATCH + recaro SIP = DROOOOOOOL! :thumbsup:

one drawback: seat is only good for 80 lb (36 kg), unlike higher weight boosters in the US that go to 100lb. :thumbsdown:

F

Frankwuit

We are living in germany and own one Monza Seatfix since 6 weeks. Its a very good seat and the soundsystem is great for older kids.
The special needs version is very good to, but you have to use the seatbelt and the 5point belt in the seat...
here is the britax regent/traveller plus the best, because the seat is fixed with the carbelt and the child is fixed with the seat 5 point belt...

F

Frankwuit

I forget....
The " Storchenmühle Ipai" is the same seat like the Recaro Monza but cheaper.
Only the soundsystem is not inclusiv and the covers looking different.
The Ipai is like the monza aviable with or without the Isofix-System.
Storchenmühle and Recaro are together perhaps since 3-4 years.
Storchenmühle produced Childseats like 1963!!

Yoshi

Thanks Frankwuit:thumbsup: I just don't like the boosters that we currently have in the US with their lack of SIP. The Monterey from Sunshine Kids does not fit my child well and I do not care for the Frontier, nor would I buy it just for boostering. If the new Parkway looks like the old Parkway, with just the new antisubmarine clip, that won't have decent sidewings, either, IMO. (I have an older Parkway)

mykidsmylife

I don't recall seeing these my last trip out to Baby Walz/ ToysRUs. I will have to go back out and look.
I do have pics of ds1 in the Storchenmühle Ipai and it is a nice booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC