Thinking about just importing a HWH seat...

kalamos23

So I have been wavering on getting the MyRide (background, DD is 32.5, long torso, 30 lbs., 10mo) because she doesn't have THAT much time left in the MA heightwise, and I don't want to buy the MR just to get her to 18mo RFing (I mean, I will, but if there is a better option...) especially after finding out that the top slot can't be used for RFing :thumbsdown:

SOOO... I'm debating the Britax 2 Way or the MultiTech. What is the difference, really? Is the MT just cushier? What do you guys think is the best bang for our buck? Bear in mind that DH and I are both tall and he and his family are heavy boned, so she most likely will just be a heavy, tall kid and not drastically changer her growth curve at 12m.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I will tell you that four months ago, I had a 9 month old almost that long, half torso (literally-- over 15 inch torso), and 28 lbs.

In 4 months she's suddenly sprouted legs-- she's still got a gargantuan torso and it's a lot of her length, but not quite half any more-- and she lost weight when she started walking and is gaining it back really really slowly, so she's only now about 29.5 again.

I wouldn't import just yet. Max out the Marathon first, and see what's going on and whether the MyRide or even True Fit or Radian will do what you need before you rush to import with all the expense and hassle, KWIM? I waited and I'm glad I did, she still has 5 lbs. and about 6 or so inches in her Radian before I have to make a choice, and that could take a year or more. :thumbsup:

I am praying that they release a 40 lb. RF Radian or something else with a tall shell SOON, though, so she could take advantage of higher weight limits-- the MyRide won't be worth it for us at all at this point. :( (Well, if she hits 35 before she grows any more, I guess it might be-- but would not last long at all.)

jujumum

I think your dd will fit until at least 2.5 to 3 years old. My dd is 3.5 yo and has 2" abover her head rf in the MA. I'm not sure that I've seen any children here outgrow the MA rf at only 18 mo. The MR should work for 1.5 to 2 years, and there may be a new US seat with another high rf weight come out by the time she outgrows the MR.

emandbri

I would wait too. We have had a lot of people try older kids in the my ride and almost all the 3 year olds have fit rear-facing. I'm going to start a poll and see just how many have fit.

laccaycol

I got the myride for my dh's truck for my 2 year old. He is now 33.8 pounds so im glade that the myride came out because the multi-tech wont fit in my husbands truck RF because of the really long seatbelt stalks. Also my Radian wont fit with the seatbelt in his truck either in the middle back. Anyway, he fits in it RF and has about 2-3 inches above his head in the myride. In the Multi-Tech in my van hes only on the i think the 3rd slots and he has about 3 more to go.( i think it has 6 slots ill have to go look i forget) I will say he does have more room in the MT than in the Myride but i wonder what will come out now that the myride it out. I LOVE my Multi-Tech and i wouldnt trade it for anything. Its the best seat i have ever had. I would buy the MT all over again if i had to i just wish it was sold here in the US.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC