If your primary seats vanished, what would your kids be riding in?....

emandbri

you can only use seats you already own. Also what are their primary seats.

Elizabeth is in a radian and she would use a marathon, most likely forward facing since I don't trust anyone but me to get her in with the straps tight enough rear-facing.

Benjamin is in a radian and he would be in a parkway.

Daniel is in a backless Monterrey and he would be in a backless turbo, right fit, or star riser.

Jacob is sometimes in a prospect and I do not have another seat he fits in.

ADS

tl01

DS would either be in a Radian (that will no longer match my car) or in a TWE that is being saved for any future children. I'm not using it FFing and DS is FFing now.

HEVY

DD uses a Regent and if it disappeared I would have to use the lg RSTV that I am trying to sell :(
I would have to find another Regent.

Mama Jo

Liv's main seat is a FN. If it disappeared, I'd just put her in the GN.

Elias is in a BV and I'd just use the EFTA for him.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My daughters ride in Radians all across day-to-day.

If those seats suddenly vanished-- say, stolen from our car-- and we still had the same car, I'd put my 1 year old in the Uptown currently in my mom's car for her, my 3 year old in the Radian currently in my mom's car for her, and the 5 year old in the middle in the RSTV-- the same setup we use in my mom's Sentra. :thumbsup:

If the whole CAR was gone and we suddenly had a rental minivan or something where I didn't have to worry about 3 across, my older 2 could go in their SafeGuard Child Seats (currently in storage awaiting our next car, taken out for occasional use in an aunt's car or something) and the baby in the Uptown or, I suppose, in one of the Comos sitting in my living room waiting to be sold... Or even in the Radian installed for my 3 year old in my mom's car right now.

I have a lot of seats. If for some reason the SGCSs didn't work in the van (almost inconcievable-- maybe if it wasn't a van but some other vehicle and they were too tall? Still not likely), I could also put one of the older 2 in a Radian, one in the Apex, and baby in the Uptown or Como. (Thinking about it, not only do I have a lot of seats-- I have an awful lot of HWH seats.)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
We only have 1 spare seat for 4 kids and it's a Parkway. Ave could go right from the Regent to the PW. Jane could go right from the Radian to the PW. If something happened to Ez's BV, he would borrow the Regent or Radian and Ave or Jane could go in the PW. If something happened to Zander's seat, he would borrow the BV, Ez would use Jane's Radian, and Jane would use the PW (or Jane would use the Regent and Ave would use the PW). I got sick of having so many spare seats sitting around, so I got rid of all of them and came up with this plan. If more than 1 kids' seat vanished, I'd have to buy more seats, lol.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I really don't have primary seats. I use what I feel like using that day. For the past week, I had car seats in 3 cars for the 2 kids that aren't mine.

Qarin

If both of our primary seats (a Wizard and a Nautilus) disappeared at the same time, then the kids would ride in a Parkway and a Turbobooster- we have nothing else to fit them.

If only one disappeared, then the 4.5yo would go in the remaining harness and the 7.5yo would use the Parkway or TB.

I am grateful that my 2nd DD made it to 4.5 in the 40lbs seats, but it puts me in a difficult position as far as justifying harnessed seats in secondary vehicles.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Dd's primary is a Monterey, so she would ride in the Parkway.
Ds's primary is the Frontier, so he would ride in the Radian XT.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper's in a Nautilus. She'd either go into her Parkway or the Radian. Not sure, honestly. Probably Parkway.

Wendy

TerisBoys

Right now, primary seats in my van are Vivo for Ryan and Dreamway for William.

If something happened to them, my spares are the Nauti in booster mode (harness this><close to outgrown) and an Evenflo Big Kid backless.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My daughter's primary seat is a Frontier, and she would ride FF in a True Fit.

My son's primary seat is a Boulevard (RF), and he would ride RF in a Marathon.

vonfirmath

If my son's car seat vanished, I'd leave him at home with his dad while I went out to the store and bought a seat for him. He's too young for "nothing" and I DON"T LIKE THE SCENERA that is the only other seat we even own right now.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She's mostly riding in a Monterey now. If it poofed, she'd be in a Nautilus (unless it gets sold) or the Compass B510.

NannyMom

Primary seats:
Sofi- MR
A- Vivo
J- VIvo
BabyS- SS1

Back up seats if theirs vanushed:
Sofi- TF
A- Parkway
J- GN
BabyS- Titan

MommyBoha

Dylan's primary seat is a Regent, he would go into the Parkway
Trin's is a FPSVD, she'd go FF into the NAutilus.

melniemi

I got rid of all my spare seats. If my seats vanished today, I'd put S in the hb Turbo that's in dh's truck and B in the KF even though she's borderline too tall. T would go in a Cargo in booster mode and A would be w/o a seat.

At one point I had an extra True Fit, Marathon, Regent, and Turbo, so we would've been set;)

Jennifer mom to my 7

I would have to buy several seats.
Primary seats are:
boulevard
decathlon
regent
parkway

only extra seats I have now are:
a keyfit (just outgrown)
a nautilus for the 3.5 year old
and a backless turbo (she doesn't fit the back) for the 6 year old, and she barely fits that.

Although, I think when I can, we will be getting a my ride and a cowmoo boulevard (my bv and dc are 33 pound limits).

Pixels

Primaries are Radian65 (my car) and BabyTrend LatchLoc (DH's car). She also rides in a ComfortSport fairly often (my brother's car), which also acts as a backup seat for DH's and my cars.

If the first two both vanished, we'd use the ComfortSport. If all three vanished, she'd be staying home until I could run out and buy something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC