Question Older Boulevards

southernbell

Do they have the "true side impact protection" my '07 doesnt have the logo, but my newer ones do. i know they redid the wings in '08 but did they change anything else? i was wondering if they were the same and they just added the logo or what, thanks!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I think the older Boulevard has a little TSIP red tag on the side of the cover or something, unless I am misremembering what my 2006 version looks like. I know they redesigned the wings, but I don't think they made safety changes to them. I was under the impression that the redesign was to address customer complaints about the style of wings (the older ones tend to push kids' heads forward, and I think the new ones don't as much?).

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
There is little red tag in the upper left area of the wing that says TSIP; I am pretty sure. Plus, the Boulevard has always been marketed as having TSIP, even before the wing style change.

southernbell

thats what i thought, because i bought it for the "side impact protection" but i still can't find the logo:confused: oh well i will call them in the morning just so i can tell the people for certain, other than the wings it looks the same to me

southernbell

wow that is definately not on mine either i just double checked thanks though i think you have pretty much answered my question :thumbsup:

Maedze

SouthernBell, the ONLY difference between the old seats and the new seats, besides the redesigned headwings (and they were redesigned due to parents' complaints about comfort issues, not safety ones) is a 3 cent piece of embroidery.

There really is no such thing as True Side Impact Protection other than it being a gimmick.

Side impact protection is achieved by having a solid shelled seat, with a five point harness, EPS foam, and deep sides or headwings. That's it.

southernbell

SouthernBell, the ONLY difference between the old seats and the new seats, besides the redesigned headwings (and they were redesigned due to parents' complaints about comfort issues, not safety ones) is a 3 cent piece of embroidery.

There really is no such thing as True Side Impact Protection other than it being a gimmick.

Side impact protection is achieved by having a solid shelled seat, with a five point harness, EPS foam, and deep sides or headwings. That's it.

thank you:thumbsup:

marjen

The old style Meghan seat covers (on seats with the old style headwings) have the "True Side Impact Protection" patch under the "Boulevard" patch. Some people think that only the new style seats have that patch, but my old style cover does (and other people on here have said the same thing about their old style Meghan seats).

NannyMom

The old style Meghan seat covers (on seats with the old style headwings) have the "True Side Impact Protection" patch under the "Boulevard" patch. Some people think that only the new style seats have that patch, but my old style cover does (and other people on here have said the same thing about their old style Meghan seats).

My 2008 (old style) has the patch like the new ones too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC