Question about my uneventful trip for the MR

estelle0702

So I went to check out the My Ride today. My son was not cooperating. I was trying to hurry, couldn't get the infant insert out nor find an employee to help so I just put him in it. Didn't buckle him in or anything. He was exactly even with the top of the shell. I really need to go back another day but BRU is so far away from me. I'm wondering how much room he would have properly harnessed without the insert?

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'm wondering how much room he would have properly harnessed without the insert?

You're just referring to RF room, right? I'd say he probably wouldn't have enough room to make it worth your while. :twocents:

estelle0702

You're just referring to RF room, right? I'd say he probably wouldn't have enough room to make it worth your while. :twocents:
Yes RF. We don't even have a bench at our BRU so I'm not even sure having him sit in it on the floor is accurate.

How old is he? How tall?
3 yrs, 41" tall, 14" torso, 22" seated height

I know he's tall but I thought he might be able to get 6 months out of it. Then his little bro could use it.

Maedze

My kid is shorter, but the same seated height roughly, and you see how much room she has. IIRC, when I just plopped her into it, she had less than an inch.

jujumum

That's almost exactly the size of my dd. I tried the MR rf installed in the bench & she had the same amount above her head as the MA - 2". But then she shifted, and had 1". I'm hoping if I buy one to test out in real-world, installed in my car, circumstances, that she'd have at least 2". But, I'm waiting for the new colors to come out (go Bartlett!.:thumbsup:

njkj

My son has the exact same measurments.

Here is him in the MR installed on the test bench

364605596.jpg

His hair is really poofy if i remember right his head (minus the poofy hair) was about half an inch below the silver line.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That infant insert adds a LOT of height. I tried the MR out on the bench, and figured my little guy had just under an inch. Went home, debated on it, read that it tended to increase installed and then decided to buy it (with the intention to pass down to baby in just a month or two... and also knowing I could use FF if it came to that.)

I took it out to the car today, took out the padding, fixed the straps, etc, and although it wasn't 100% installed, I got 3" on the tape measure. Yeah :)

Little guy is 2y4m, 37 or 38" standing, and very solid, about 38lbs. He'll outgrow it by weight before height, I bet... although summer is coming, maybe I can slim him down a bit! Ha! I don't have a torso measure, or a seated height, but I can try to get those tomorrow if it helps. (The amt of room njkj has looks about right to me.)

My rationale for getting it for little guy even just for a few months of use was due to the amount of driving we do in our summers, and wanting him RFing... and even with that, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for being able to pass it to the babe. So if you're *only* buying it to squeak out a couple more months of RF, it may not be worth it. (Though I just noticed you said lil bro could use it, so your situation sounds similar to mine.)

HTH :)

estelle0702

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

That infant insert adds a LOT of height. I tried the MR out on the bench, and figured my little guy had just under an inch. Went home, debated on it, read that it tended to increase installed and then decided to buy it (with the intention to pass down to baby in just a month or two... and also knowing I could use FF if it came to that.)

I took it out to the car today, took out the padding, fixed the straps, etc, and although it wasn't 100% installed, I got 3" on the tape measure. Yeah :)

Little guy is 2y4m, 37 or 38" standing, and very solid, about 38lbs. He'll outgrow it by weight before height, I bet... although summer is coming, maybe I can slim him down a bit! Ha! I don't have a torso measure, or a seated height, but I can try to get those tomorrow if it helps. (The amt of room njkj has looks about right to me.)

My rationale for getting it for little guy even just for a few months of use was due to the amount of driving we do in our summers, and wanting him RFing... and even with that, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for being able to pass it to the babe. So if you're *only* buying it to squeak out a couple more months of RF, it may not be worth it. (Though I just noticed you said lil bro could use it, so your situation sounds similar to mine.)

HTH :)

That is exactly why I wanted it. He has been FF but since this summer we are going to be doing a lot of traveling on the highway I wanted him to at least RF then. And his little brother can use it after him. I was trying to figure out how much room he had b/c if it's a good amount a think I'll hold out for the Bartlett before buying one. Thanks!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Okay, I got little guy to let me measure him today, and although these are "ish," I hope they help...

He's 37" tall, and has a 13" torso and 19" seated height. I got 12" and 18" originally, but think he was slumping some. Finally installed today, and still got 3" of shell room. (Well, at first, he was coming out of the shell -- was so baffled and then figured out he was sitting on the back of it, ha!)

Sounds like your situation is similar to mine, and I'm so thrilled to be able to re-RF little guy, even if just for a little while. I'm praying for slow growth and weight gain, lol.

Good luck :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC