I measured wrong!

NannyMom

Since late summer 08, I though Sofi was close to outgrowing the Titan Elite by height. I thought for sure now it's outgrown. And her friend looks to have the same torso height and has not outgrown it FF.

A month (or few?) ago I measured, checked the thread on this site on measuring height, and I remeasured. Sofi had around 2 inches in the Scenera. For a seat I don't see her in often, that was close enough :whistle:

I decided to try them all out again tonight. Installed both seats in my van. Sofi still has about 3 inches above her head in both the Scenera and the Titan :eek:And in the Titan FF, she's just above the 2nd from top slots. :eek:

So sitting in my van, looking at all the inches in the Titan.... I began to think about all the $$ I spent on seats because I thought the 2 Titans were outgrown :( It made me really consider selling my TF and MR. Because....she could still use the other seats for a year or 2 (based on 1 inch growth/yr) RF.

But by the time I came back in the house, I decided it's ok, the newer seats are best to use because she has more room above her head....and even less rish over ramping out :whistle:

ADS

NannyMom

Actually...I just measured it Saturday. I think it was 19ish inches across.

And in that one Sofi has 4 inches above her head.

Last edited:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
See? The Titan is NOT a bad seat! My kids are average to tall height and don't outgrow the Titan until about 3 1/2 (I know lots of seats get much more growth). My dd is almost 2 1/2, 24ish pounds, and 34" and still has about an inch of growth RF in her Titan (and mine's not the Elite that's a little taller). We have a lot more room FF still, we'll easily make it another year or so. Thanks for posting this, the Titan tends to get shot down on here pretty quickly but I really like mine.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm... yeah, I knew there must be something up when you told my it seemed like Leah was several inches too tall for her RA in this picture http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5198547490415767154 and that picture of Sofi in her Scenera has many many inches over her head, and the Titan is about the same.

I would sell a lot more Titans if they were just a little cheaper. Instead people buy the Tribute for 59 (they don't want the ORANGE Scenera for the same price!) but the Titan is 99 and you might as well buy a Triumph for 139 if you have that much to spend (I'm just speaking of non-sale-price seats at my BRU...if the Titan were like 69 I'd probably sell lots of them, they are SO much nicer than Sceneras or Tributes!)

:)

abigaylebelle

Honestly before I learned how to measure when a seat is outgrown I was ready to retire both the ss1 and the roundabout. Good thing I came here! Outgrowing those seats with a 10.75" torso, not likely.

NannyMom

Hmmm... yeah, I knew there must be something up when you told my it seemed like Leah was several inches too tall for her RA in this picture http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5198547490415767154 and that picture of Sofi in her Scenera has many many inches over her head, and the Titan is about the same.

:)

But even after seeing that pic of Leah, and understanding...I measured again and for some reason still measured around 2 inches in the Scenera. The pic on my blog is from Nov, and she had more room then...I think she had a winter torso spurt. But she has 3 inches in both the Titan and the Scenera. But, I'm glad I reinstalled and remesaured last night. We now have 4 extra backup seat :rolleyes: I updated my blog and put months the pics were taken.

And I think last time I tried her in the Titan it was in my bedroom, and maybe she wasn't buckled. I've recently noticed she shrinks in the seat when buckled :eek: I'm tempted to use it again because I have fond memories of that seat (her first convertible) :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC