Car seat interior colors and car seat colors

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sure, why not? Our red and black Frontier in our gray/taupe Sienna interior doesn't clash too much. ;)

Carseat Chat seems like a good fit for your thread. :)

mommaon112903

I have a tan interior and can not wait for the day I have something other than a tan seat in my car! I have ONLY had tan seats minus the infant carrier, and I want ANYTHING other than tan in a primary booster.

I am not one who cares about the interior of my car and car seats matching ;)

moobiegirl

I do kinda care about the matching factor. I don't mind the look of tan interior and black car seat, but I absolutely hate a black interior with a tan or brown car seat. Just my opinion.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I don't like tan carseats or car interiors, so I wouldn't buy either. No worries for clashing that way ;)

brightredmtn

I'd definitely buy a car seat to match my car's interior but I wouldn't do it the other way around. There's enough to worry about in life...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yup! But then again, I'm not the half of the adults in this house that care. :) I'd love a red seat in any car. I asked Nathan's opinion on the True Fit last night and he vetoed the Monet flat out and wanted either the gray or black, or one of the browns if we get a car with a beige interior. Yawn. Oh, it's for a little girl, too. LOL

Wendy

munchkin

Would you put a red and black seat in a tan car?

I wouldn't have a problem with a black/red in a tan car, but could never put a tan seat in a gray/black car. My sister is taking my Marathon (she has a black car with gray interior) and I showed her all the covers I have. She picked Handsful with tan straps. I will have to not look at it while I show her how to install.

AtTheSouthDam

I think a red and black car seat would go well in a tan car. I gave a few attemptd to match my interior, gray, and give up. I'll get what the girls want. They have to sit in it.

zactayaus

I personally wouldn't do it but I don't have a problem if someone else does it. As a matter of fact when we were looking at a new truck DH was looking at one with a tan interior. I told him he did realize that if we got that one I'd have to buy all new car seats.:p

2BunniesMommy

Would do my best to avoid a car with tan interior, I much prefer grey. As far as the CSs, they can be any color!

My 3 year old is old enough to choose, so her Frontier is Pink Sky and we are waiting and waiting to get her an Alma MyRide. Have tried and tried to talk her into the Edgemont Dots to avoid the wait. But even before she was old enough to have an opinion, I had her in a Tiffany Decathlon.

Baby was in a Quinn SS1 only because it was the best price I could find on short notice and she is now in a Decathlon hiding under a Mariposa Marathon cover and it will actually be a Marathon by next week. So, I don't car one bit if the CSs match the car.

remken

Would you put a red and black seat in a tan car?

ETA.. meant to post in CMC

Yes I would. But then I have never cared if my car seats match my vehicle seats. As long as I have a seat that fits my car and my child and that my child is happy with, thats within my budget. Then i am happy.

tl01

Well, the reason I asked was that I have always bought my car seats assuming I would have a black or grey car interior. We are getting a new car on Wednesday and the only one on the west coast that matched the options we wanted on the car is a black car with tan interior. Exactly the color combo I DIDN'T want. I REALLLLLY want this car though so my choice was this car or some other car I don't want so I decided to just get the car even though I'm not fond of the colors. I just bought my red rock frontier. I think it will look fine... I'm hoping it won't drive me crazy:)

rochelle

I just bought my red rock frontier. I think it will look fine... I'm hoping it won't drive me crazy:)

red and tan is nice. like sunset on a beach.

we have the canyon frontier and our car interior is grey. and my boys jackets are either red or navy blue. I dont bother about the color contrast as long as they sleep in their car seats :)

emandbri

Well, I have a red and black monterey in my tan van, it is now only being used backless so it doesn't bother me as much as it did. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How much time are you spending staring at your car seats? ;)

Seriously, I never even think about it except when my three year old spills red punch, I'm glad she's the one in the pink car seat... ;)

April

I was just thinking about this. My van has a tan interior, and I have a grey Nautilus, a Pink and grey Monterey, a Misty Morning (Gray, baby blue and black) True Fit, and an Onyx Parkway in there. I was just thinking how all of those seats match DH's grey interior better, but then I pictured tan on tan and it's blech! I have no idea what covers I want now. I don't mind the black on tan, and I would LOVE a Red Rock cover for my (almost mine) Frontier instead of Rushmore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC