is there a good FF car seat for around 100 $?

U

Unregistered

The crotch buckle on our Boulevard is broken. If I can find a good replacement for around 100 I'd just replace it instead of ordering a spare buckle. She says it hurts her legs and I can not take the cover off for washing. I know you can theoretically, but I could not without breaking it.

She's 34-35 pounds and 38.5 inches tall ( long torso), will turn 3 in September. Cup holder would be nice but not necessary. Is there a good seat for around 100?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is it truly broken? Like, cracked? Or does it just need a good wash so that it will click firmly again? The manual does give good washing instructions for the buckle if that's the case. I honestly would just wash the cover, it's NOT hard to do. You just unhook the harness from the splitter plate and peel the cover right off. I think most of us do it a couple times a year at least. Honestly the only really good seat for FF that you'll find will be the Nautilus, and it's well over 100$ (and has a crotch strap at least as snug as the Boulevard), I'd use this one a little longer, either till you can save up for a better seat, or till she's 5 and can be expected to sit reasonably still in a booster seat.

:)

jujumum

I wouldn't get rid of a BV for a broken buckle. Call Britax - they might send you a replacement or you can order a set with harness for $22. You can get the cover off - just be careful. If her legs hurt, there are instructions on how to build a footrest for less than $10 with a pool noodle & pvc pipe.

If you really do want a new seat, the Graco Nautilus is around $150, but would be an excellent choice.

autumnlily

I'm going to second the Graco Nautilus. After she outgrows the harness she can use it as a high back booster and then a backless booster.... saving you money in the long run. AND, the cupholder & compartments are awesome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC