Which backless boosters puzzle with MA/RA50?

tracee877

I really need to get my kiddos back in boosters. The baby will be in a MA in the center of DH's truck (98 Explorer). My new RA50 will be here tomorrow for the center of my car (06 Accord). Which backless boosters will puzzle on the sides of these seats? I would love to see pics as well. Also, we're on a tight budget and since I need to buy 4:eek: they need to be somewhat inexpensive. Below are my kids stats:

DS1 10yo - 55.5" - 65lbs.
DD 8yo - 49.5" - 50lbs.

I'm not positive on their weights since we don't have a scale, but I think this is what they were the last time at the Dr. within the last year.

Thanks!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Probably the Cosco (High Rise/Ambassador) is the best bet. Buy one and try it in all positions first?

Mama Jo

I can tell you the Turbo (I have the high back, but the base is the same as the backless) puzzles well with a FF BV. It's a pain to buckle though... But it can be done. I can try it RF too if you'd like.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hmm, think I have pics of that! Well, a decathlon, which would be similar to the roundabout 50.
IMG_4468_3.jpg

3rd row of an 05 8 passenger sienna.
IMG_4472_7.jpg

this is on the lowest armrest setting.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The TB does, both RF and FF. Buckling is still a PITA, though. I've got pics somewhere... No, never mind, it doesn't show the boosters puzzling with the MA, just the kids sitting in them.

tracee877

Hmm, it looks like it would be hard to buckle. But I'm sure any seat would be. This is the reason they are not in seats to begin with.:eek:

capeKO71

If you can find the fisher price seat... or a parkway... those both puzzle nicely. I have them in my sister's car next to the marathon...

TerisBoys

The nice thing about the Ambassador/High Rise is that the seat part curves in under the armrests - so even if the armrest is snug against the seat next to it, there's still room to buckle.

I've used one next to a regular Roundabout in the past.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC