Preemie in a mr65

knkdt

I tried dd2 in a mr65 at bru today, and she fit amazing. She is 13 days old, about 6lbs and 19 inches. I could not believe how well she fit. The harness fit her alot like the one on the ss1 does. The lowest slots were slightly below her shoulders, and it tightened up perfectly. She looked so tiny in the seat which, prompted a well meaning employee to come over. He saw my kf in the cart and informed my that rf is so much safer, and I should continue to use an infant seat :rolleyes:. Between him and my cranky toddler I was 7 different kinds of distracted, but managed to snap a couple of pics. I didn't move the seat from the self, or remove the should pads, but I hope the pics show that this seat would be a fantastic option for newborns and maybe even near-term preemies.

http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww112/nkkt112003/Ellie/

ADS

zactayaus

Oh my gosh! She is precious.

I agree she fits great in the MR and I love the pattern of her KF.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
She is adorable!

Thanks so much for the pictures. I'm ordering a MR for my niece who is due at the end of July, so I'm very glad to see that she fits so well. :thumbsup:

firemomof3

Thanks for posting the pics of your beautiful baby in the MR!! Its great to see that this seat is going to accomidate a newborn so well :love:

barnmama25

Awww your baby is so precious!!! She looks so comfy in her Keyfit.

But I just have to say "Ugh!!!" to the comment that the BRU employee made. After reading comments made by BRU employees for the past three years on car seat boards, I am seriously starting to wonder if they have any training in car seats at all?? I mean seriously what is the meaning of a convertible car seat??:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC