Mazda Miata

mommaon112903

This is my dream car and hubby promised me when I turned thirty (after melting down when I turned 20, lol) he would buy me one. Well, in just over a year I will be thirty, but we have Josef now (wouldn't change that for the world) and two car payments, but both will be payed off in less than two years, if everything goes right knock-on-wood.

Hubby despises his Impala, so we would trade it in plus put extra down. We will be keeping my Accord until we drive it into the ground, lol. I :love: :love: :love: my Accord and don't want to see it go ANY time soon!

I do not have to have brand new, although it would be nice :), what precautions do we need to take or should we just wait until Josef is older?

ADS

southpawboston

well, as you know, the miata is only a 2-seater, so the only option for a child seat is the front passenger seat. mazda DOES provide LATCH lower anchors and top tether for that seat, as well as a passenger airbag manual deactivation switch.

Presuming you're comfortable with the inherent dangers of a small car (just simple physics), I see nothing wrong with the Miata. Depending on how old you go, just make sure it has proper child safety features.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I wouldn't mind having a 2-seater myself, but I don't think I'd even allow my 10-year old to ride in it more than once in a blue moon or so.

mommaon112903

Our family car would still be the Accord, and hubby is wanting to add a third car into the mix for his "beater car" to drive to work and back.

I take Josef to school and back every day, so he would be in it for the 15min trips across the river daily, or at least three/times a week since DH takes him occassionaly.

We may be able to trade in the Impala sooner than later, as we were looking at pay-off on it and it is much less than I orginally thought :thumbsup: I guess that is what happens when you pay extra every month, and your minimum payment is down to $150-horray!

DH used to work at a Honda dealership and Joe has always promised me a good deal on a Miata. Only problem is Joe is in W.Va and we live in AL now :( Our family still lives in W.Va and they always joke that I am going to come up with one car and leave with a different one.

Only down side to buying a sports car that is normally a standard, is that I have to have an automatic. You do not want me driving a standard, that is unless you are willing to replace your engine and tranny :whistle:

I wonder if we would be able to find my green, automatic, 2003 Miata with low miles that Joe had on his lot for 14K when we were up there last summer. Nah, not know but Joe has been awfully nice to us :)

This would be REALLY nice :D I am fine with a Miata, as I fell in love with it the moment I first saw it and the price for a new one is nice. Now the S200s are sooooo nice and I would DIE if we could actually afford one.

But it sounds like you'd promptly leave parts of the powertrain all over the road behind you. :p

I think you should stick to the Miata idea. I have seen automatic ones. I'd imagine they've got less resale value than the manual ones cuz one of the primary appeal of a Miata is that glorious stick shift it comes with.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Maybe he can get you a deal on an S2000 ;-)

Better act fast to find one of those available new - Honda is discontinuing them, at least in the U.S. That could push up the price of used ones, too. I had fun sitting in one at the auto show, which is as close as I'll probably ever get to owning one. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC