Carseat help please

frugalmom

I have one child who is 3 and a few months and another child that is 13 months.

dd is currently rf in a Blvd she is 38 inches tall and weighs 32.5 lbs

ds is currently rf in a safeseat (forgot his stats, I will replace when I run and get them downstairs)

I really want to replace their seats and get Advocates. I really like the idea that there is more protection from side impact crashes.

I kind of want a My Ride. I am not a huge fan of graco seats. I don't like all the negatives I have heard about the seats. But I do think it could last my dd longer because she is going to out grow the blvd rf by height soon.

What do you think I should do?

Or should I bust out the new Blvds I have and wait until there is a great sale on some Advocates? I don't want to pay retail.

Ok please give me some thoughts.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The MyRide is not significantly taller than the Britax big-shell convertibles, including the Boulevard. It would probably be more beneficial to get a Radian or True Fit if you want to keep her rear-facing longer-- because the Boulevard, Advocate, Marathon, Roundabout 50 all have that same shell height and last the same amount of time rear-facing, and the MyRide doesn't seem to give much more room (maybe an inch or so in some cars.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
A 38", 32.5 pound 13 month old is the size of an average 3.5 year old. If it was only the weight that was an issue, the MyRide would be a no brainer. But because the child is also tall, that becomes WAY more difficult! I think I agree with ketchupqueen in that a taller seat might be the best move. And hopefully her weight slows down so she'll have more time RF.

frugalmom

A 38", 32.5 pound 13 month old is the size of an average 3.5 year old. If it was only the weight that was an issue, the MyRide would be a no brainer. But because the child is also tall, that becomes WAY more difficult! I think I agree with ketchupqueen in that a taller seat might be the best move. And hopefully her weight slows down so she'll have more time RF.

No, my 13 month old is not 32.5lbs and 38 inches. Those are the stats of my 3 year old.

Sorry if I confused you.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
No, my 13 month old is not 32.5lbs and 38 inches. Those are the stats of my 3 year old.

Sorry if I confused you.
Oh my, no, it's me who completely sucks! Sorry, I misread and thought your first child was 3 MONTHS, not 3 years. Which lead me to believe that the bigger stats had to apply to your "oldest" which I thought was your 13 month old! Ya, those stats totally suit a 3 year old. :D

With the correct info in my brain now, I still agree with ketchupqueen. ;)

NannyMom

How much room does your DD have height wise RF in the BV? Does she have at least 2 inches? If so, she may very well get to 4 in the My Ride. Personally, I would rather see a child RF in a My Ride than FF in an Advocate. RF itself offers alot of side impact protection. Also, your 2007 BV has a 33 pound limit. So is DD 32.5 pounds fully clothed with a full belly?

If it was me.... I'd probobly but DS in one of the BVs (either the 2007 or the new one). And buy a MR for DD. I think the BV offers alot of side impact protection too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC