have you seen what the britax are going for?

LuvBug

DAYUMN! This is capitolism at its finest. Babystores raising their instock prices, taking down their sales. Ebay auctions going for BIN of 300 and bids of 400. I understand the whole supply and demand thing, but they are expensive enough for the average parent. UGH! :mad:
I was going to get a regent from target after the holidays, with it 249 and 10% off as well as the rebates program Im in that will give me credit, I was only going to pay 206 shipped for one. Now everyone is selling out, raising their prices, and ebaying whatever they can.
Im not so upset for me because I decided to put off the regent purchase for a while longer. I feel comfortable enough now with mom using the laptop with him in her car that we will probably put it off until after the summer. By then everything should be back to normal. But for the people who needed them now(regardless of the movie) they are going to be SOL even more so than before.

OK end of rant!!

ADS

LuvBug

well no I dont think all of them are off, but I noticed the few places that did have britax on sale suddenly started raising the sale price until it was back to the normal price. Id have to go back through my Britax on Sale thread to see who all has done it, but it was definitely more than one.

Kellyr2

Well, I just noticed taht Albee has several MA's for just $220 - some of the discontinued regular prints and Coutures, and also a couple DCs for that cheap. I'd love a Barnum one, but I just don't need another MA! I just want the cover.

LuvBug

Yeah it looks like all the convertables are staying their sale price. Its just the regents that have been bumped back up.

Splash

I heard this too and checked eBay, and everything is still normal price. Nothing any higher than it ever is. And my local store has tons of seats still. I was completely willing to buy some locally and ebay them if they were going that high, but nope, still normal price. What are you looking at that you are seeing such high prices? I was JUST (like, two minutes ago) looking on eBay for them.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I heard this too and checked eBay, and everything is still normal price. Nothing any higher than it ever is. And my local store has tons of seats still. I was completely willing to buy some locally and ebay them if they were going that high, but nope, still normal price. What are you looking at that you are seeing such high prices? I was JUST (like, two minutes ago) looking on eBay for them.

I think the Regents are the ones going up in price at the places that still have them in stock:rolleyes:

Yoshi

My used Regent sold for $238.51 on eBay. (I paid $249 from Target back in April) I listed it without thinking about this whole youtube thing, but quickly realized what was happening. I made sure I mentioned to the buyer about LATCH limits and reading the manual thoroughly.

I told DH that if it went over 250, I would rebate the winner the difference in price, I felt like it was out of control this bidding frenzy. I didn't have to, but my seat is in great shape, unlike that most-likely recalled old Super Elite on there now.

LuvBug

if you look up britax regent it will show you one that has a BIN of 299(unless someone bought it) and there was one that had a bid of 280. Then if you advanced search britax regent under completed only items it will show you the ones that have gone for nearly $400

LuvBug

yeah the bidding is getting WOW. I think it was nice of you to plan ahead on refunding past your purchase price. I dont think its a bad thing to put one on ebay new or used. But to take it out of instock and put it on ebay because you know you will profit isnt nice. It creates unnecessary supply and demand. Now I do not know if any of the stores selling them on ebay are doing this, but I do know the BIN prices have suddenly increased as of like today! maybe ever since that news came out of how everyone is selling out??
Who knows, whatever, it just pisses me off when people try to profit off a safety item.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC