Are hub caps important?

ADS

mommaon112903

Hubby says they are purely cosmetic, sometimes pricey to replace but purely cosmetic.

Hubby used to work in parts/service at a Honda dealership (how I miss those days for numerous reasons) and now is an assistant manager at Advance Auto Parts. I :love: hubby working there for the discounts, but not much else!

southpawboston

technically, it's called a wheel cover. it is purely cosmetic.

a true hub cap is a much smaller cap, usually no more than 2" in diameter. it's the little round dome you see in the center of some wheels (hidden behind the wheel cover). it keeps the grease from leaking out of the hub bearing.

Morganthe

Our new van is now missing one.:( Is there any safety reason why it needs replacing?

nope, none, but that would drive me bonkers aesthetically speaking. I'd probably remove the other three to even them out or go look in a junkyard aka: auto recycling, or whatever they're called in your neck of the woods for a replacement and a few spares to cheaply replace it.

christineka

It is really annoying. I bet someone else was missing one and saw our van. Maybe someday we'll get a replacement, but not now. Glad it is just aesthetic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC