Question Cosco Bertini B5 travel system

U

Unregistered

I went to Babies R Us the other day to register, and I had planned on the Chicco travel system after doing some research.... However I really liked the Bertini one when I saw it. I got it down and played with it, and it seemed very nice... big basket, easy to fold, easy to manuever etc... I am just wondering if anyone has this or knows anything about it... it has been impossible to find any info about it.
Thanks in advance!!!

ADS
U

Unregistered1

The biggest thing I would caution you about with a cosco travel system is that most of their seats adjust the straps from the rear, which is a PITA to do every time. The keyfit is tried and true, and honestly I'd go with that one.

Maedze

So it was the stroller you liked?

I steer people away from the Cosco infant seats. There are much, for a lack of a better word, um, BETTER infant seats out there.

I would purchase an appropriate infant seat like the Chicco Keyfit or the Graco Snugride32 and then purchase a stroller with attributes you prefer :thumbsup:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I thought the On Board went to 35#? I liked it when I played w/ it, I have some pics of it closer. At first glance, the stroller looks just like the Graco Quattro and I really like mine.

Spam

Yeah, the onboard seems to be a nice seat. Sometimes we see cosco and think crapsco. :D

U

Unregistered

Thanks you guys... I am still so unsure. At the store it didn't say Cosco on it or the sign... just Bertini. But online it said Cosco.... ???
I am a first time mom, due in Sept, and there are sooo many things to choose from out there I am OVERWHELMED! I really like the Chicco still... and I had decided to not get a travel system from reading and talking with other moms...and to look for a better lightweight stroller that would last. But when I took hubby to BRU to register, he thought that travel systems were a great idea and had a big influence on this Bertini one... I really wish he hadn't gone now. He rushed me through everything, and I didn't get to play with all the strollers and see what I liked. And that store is an hour away so ... its not so simple to just run up there again. I think I will go again though, without him, and play more.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Bertini and Cosco (and also Eddie Bauer, Maxi-Cosi, and Safety 1st, among others) are all manufactured by the same company-- Dorel Juvenile Group-- and many of their seats share characteristics.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The seat's not bad...the base has a built in lockoff for the seatbelt, the handle can be up when driving, they've gone back to a metal double-click buckle (the Eddie Bauer is the *exact same* system but green and with plastic puzzle buckle). It has very low bottom slots and extra little bolsters for preemies. And yes, 35 pounds weight limit on the seat. I think the stroller is huge and bulky and I wouldn't want to hassle with it personally, but if you like it, you like it, I guess :)

And a gentle reminder to everyone that we should at least google a system before we say what may be bad about it, when we don't know bad features that the seat may or may not have. Yes, the Cosco and Safety 1st seats on the shelf next to the Bertini have rear adjusters, and totally horrible bases, but they just aren't the same at all ;) The Bertini is on par with Graco (Quattro Tour/Snugride 22 system), I'd say...and better for smaller infants, even. Not as nice as Chicco, though, IMO, because it doesn't have that solid quality feel and the stroller's not as compact/easy to fold.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

I just checked out the Bertini at BRU. I loved the travel system as compared to Chicco. I must say that although the travel system looks bulky, but its not. its extremely light and very easy to use/fold. Plus the harness is adjusted in the front on this one. I also checked out the keyfit by chicco. and the price difference with the stroller and the car seat is more than 100$. I definitely recommend this one as its nice and sturdy and very easy to fold and use. My wife's petite and short so this is just perfect specially if your baby is small (mine is a preemie). When we took it to special care nursery, all the nurses were amazed at this one. In addition, all the car seats go through the same safety standards.

I agree with joolsplus3 that the Bertini compares very well with the Quattro Tour/Snugride 22 system, and also fold much better than the chicco. Plus the design is simply amazing.
and you have the 35lbs as well.

U

Unregistered

I just purchased the Bertini b5 at BRU, and was dissappointed by the lack of information about it on the internet. That being said, it was less expensive than a chicco, but felt equally nice when pushing the demo around the store. The mechanisms felt smooth and well-built, just like the chicco. The carseat is good for up to 35 pounds, which was the highest weight capacity in a travel system at the BRU where I am.

The storage basket is HUGE. It put all the others to shame. The stroller does LOOK bulkier than the chicco, but (hubby's an engineer) it actually has almost exactly the same dimensions.

Bertini is actually a really high end Australian stroller company and my guess is that this is their first foray into the market in the U.S., probably partnering with cosco.

I'm thinking it was probably a good buy, but I guess I'll have to wait until baby comes to find out for sure!

cpsaddict

I looked at it the other day and while nice, it is IDENTICAL to the Eddie Bauer Endeavor travel system. I looked at them both and they are the same, right down to the wheels. While very nice and less expensive than the Chicco, I still think the Chicco stroller will hold up better in the long run. Oh and I hated the yellow/black colors on the Bertini.

Bertini used to have some really awesome pram type strollers, but apparently they are gone now that Cosco bought Bertini.

Wooly

Hope you don't mind me revisiting this topic, I'm researching our options. Qondering how flat is the backrest on the Bertini? Is it flat like a pram? Also, does it have an adjustable leg/ calf support?

The Chicco stroller allows baby to lie flat, for us though, it's just the convenience of having a car seat carrier/stroller for rare use. I am really liking the onboard35.

I am leaning toward the bertini travel system too, just for quick errands, anything longer and I would take my baby out of the car seat and wear him. But I'm thinking this will be nice for the airport and I can gate check it. Unless a snap n go will fit the inboard 35? But worry about lack of suspension with a snap n go, ESP when entering a building and you get those spine shocking jerks as you wheel over the enterence way where the door a are.

canadiangie

If Dorel buys up one more company and turns it into mainstream junk I'm going to scream. There I said it.

No, this Bertini stroller is not at all like a true Bertini pram. It's simply a re-badged Cosco stroller, as is the "Eddie Bauer" version of it.

For the record, I've met an On Board (sold as a SureFit up here) and it's fine. Just fine. Great for preemies, and will last a good long time as it has a tall shell. Whatever. If you like it, and it installs well, and you use it correctly, then I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

But the stroller, like most COSCO strollers, is simply awful IMO.

Okay, flame away. :duck:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
If Dorel buys up one more company and turns it into mainstream junk I'm going to scream. There I said it.

No, this Bertini stroller is not at all like a true Bertini pram. It's simply a re-badged Cosco stroller, as is the "Eddie Bauer" version of it.

For the record, I've met an On Board (sold as a SureFit up here) and it's fine. Just fine. Great for preemies, and will last a good long time as it has a tall shell. Whatever. If you like it, and it installs well, and you use it correctly, then I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

But the stroller, like most COSCO strollers, is simply awful IMO.

Okay, flame away. :duck:

:sarcasitc-bow::yeahthat:

The stroller is heavy and hard to push.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I tried the stroller in the store and abhorred it, but LOVED the seat (and the pattern.) Wonder if I could buy my almost-step-sister a regular OnBoard, and then get her the Bertini cover as a "replacement"... :D

Jonah Baby

To the OP...
Our experience with Cosco manufactured stuff is that it does not truly compare in the end to its competitors (Britax, Chicco, Graco, etc.) I would never say that it is a fact, just experience. The Techs have a lot more to say on that.

I believe I only saw ONE person say, however, that "a carseat is safe if it is installed, adjusted, maintained, and used properly every single time it is used."

Personally, I am a HUGE fan of the large and bulky strollers/travel systems, I couldn't tell you why exactly.

Money should be taken into consideration. Often Cosco stuff is less expensive than, say, Graco or Chicco stuff. I feel some members forget about this however unfortunate aspect of life - some members are lucky enough not to be overly concerned! If money is a concern for you, don't stress out thinking you HAVE to get this certain travel system, etc.
Get the one you feel is absolute best for you in the end - your baby truly won't care either way!
Sorry I couldn't tell you much about the system in question.

Not trying to step on toes.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Bertini is $259. More than some of the Gracos, all the Evenflos, and more than a Chicco on sale. There are Coscos and Safety 1sts on the same row of travel systems that are cheaper, but have rear-adjust carseats, and are not nearly as nice as the OnBoard.
:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC