Checked out the MyRide tonight - thoughts and questions

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
After dinner tonight, we swung by BRU to check out the MyRide. I wanted DH to go with me so that he could see it and so he could lug it out to the car to try it out.

DH got it down from the shelf for me and we took it over to the trial bench to check it out. I stuck my large five year old in it (without buckling her) just to see where the slots met her shoulders and to see about the shoulder width of the seat (she began to complain about her MA being narrow in the shoulders at 4). She looked slightly cramped, but she is a BIG girl, and I imagine she had way more room in it than if I were to stick her in a MA.

After a minute, we took it outside to play with it in our van. The true test was to see if I could fit it RFing in a three across situation in the second row of our Sienna. I didn't want to take the time to uninstall DD's GN behind the driver's seat (where I'd like the baby to sit), so we moved DS's AirBooster to the center and tried it on the passenger side. I was really surprised to find that the MR fit not only with the front passenger seat all the way back, but I was able to put the MR, AirBooster, and the GN in the second row side by side. My older kids say that they want to sit on the second row with the baby, but I honestly think that will only last a week or so before they're begging to be moved to the third row. I wish I had had my camera to take pictures.

So, here are my questions: Those of you with older toddlers/young preschoolers, do find it hard to lift them up into a seat that is so high (I'm rather short, and DD only fit RFing in her MA to 18 months)? Do you think the recline is too much, esp. for an older child or when FFing?

Also, I currently have a TF ARB on preorder. Well, we all know that they keep moving the release/shipping date around. I am getting very antsy. I'll be 36 weeks at the beginning of the week and I have NO CAR SEAT to bring my baby home in (I'm probably the only tech who has made it this far without a seat). I really don't want to purchase an infant seat that we will only use for 3-4 months. I'm thinking about just cancelling our TF order and buying a MR next week. Any cons that you can think of?

Thanks for making it through my pregnancy induced ramblings...

ADS

heyruthie

my only thought is that we're channelling each other's lives right now--in that our PGs are driving mad carseat craziness--the whole "What is my baby coming home in? And what about where everyone else is going to sit???" My due date is 7/7, btw! Hang in there!!!!!

4boysmom

my only thought is that we're channelling each other's lives right now--in that our PGs are driving mad carseat craziness--the whole "What is my baby coming home in? And what about where everyone else is going to sit???" My due date is 7/7, btw! Hang in there!!!!!

Well I am 5 months behind you and having the same craziness. We don't have a lot of $ for a car seat tango "mistake" and the darn MR has really thrown a monkey wrench in my thoughts. We need a Radian for a 3 across eventually, I think, so if they would make a to 40 pound one we'd be good, I think... lol... but nooooooooooo I have to figure if I want to rf my 35 pounder for 5 mo until the baby comes or have him rf longer and have the baby use the EFTA, sell one of the 2 EFTA and move my 5yo to the nauti, just keep 2yo ds ffing and keep both efta's for now... ahhhhhghhh.

jujumum

My youngest dc was born 3 weeks early completely out of the blue. My other 3 were late or on schedule.

If I were you, I'd want a seat in hand within 1 to 2 weeks from now, even if that meant cancelling the TF ARB in favor of something else (MR or regular TF).:twocents:

DahliaRW

I would buy the MR, but keep the receipt and leave it in the box. Keep an eye on the TF ARB. When it gets close to actually shipping (if ever) you can decide. If it doesn't come in time, then you have the MR and can just cancel the TF.

firemomof3

To answer your questions; my 3y/o is able to buckle herself and tightening the harness is easy and smooth :thumbsup: As for the recline ff...that is a huge debate and I don't have a good answer for you. I don't see how a radian & MyRide can both be "equally"safe when the reclines are so extremely different :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC