more info

ADS
U

Unregistered1

I don't know what the purpose is, but I'm not surprised that the seat did that when pulled in that manner. You test tightness by pulling with your non-dominant hand right at the belt path... NOT with both hands on the bottom of the seat.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Hmmm, I know I have seen that video before, but I can't remember what the purpose of it was. I agree with MissKatie. You don't check for tightness at the bottom of the seat, only at the beltpath. Notice that when she is checking at the beltpath, it is tight, but when she goes down to the bottom, that's when it loosens up.

mom2juliarose

My guess is that the person filming is duplicating what they believe will be the seat tipping/moving every time they put their child in and out of the car. Of course, when I put DD in and out of her seats they don't wiggle so much?

But my guess is that either the seatbelt isn't locked OR she didn't remove the slack from the lap part of the seatbelt before locking the belt.

DahliaRW

But, it is a good reminder to give your carseat a shove at the belt path every so often to make sure it's tight. Latch or seatbelt install.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My seat used to do that in my Dodge Neon (lightweight locking latchplates) until I learned the flip technique (flip the latchplate over once). I honestly felt safer with a locking clip because of that exact thing.

Pixels

But, it is a good reminder to give your carseat a shove at the belt path every so often to make sure it's tight. Latch or seatbelt install.

Every time I put DD in, I at least grab the seatbelt itself and give a good tug. I started this after (accidentally) driving with DD in her completely unbuckled carseat. The Radian was so stable with the RFing foot wedged in the seat bight, top tethered, and touching the front seats that even after I knew it was unbuckled, the darn thing wouldn't move.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, I've had a few instances where the belt somehow came unlocked-- I don't know how (maybe after a hard stop or something?) I check our seatbelt-installed seat every time we put her in.

I also check the LATCH-installed seats, just in case. I saw a Marathon that had loosened after about 2 weeks of a parent putting it in tightly with LATCH, just from the constant knocking around it took of kids climbing over it, I guess... It reminded me to ALWAYS check the install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC