Need help quick...Advice...

USmominOz

I am taking off to the states tomorrow because of what dh has done so I am coming home to the Bay area and Phoenix for a month w/ the kids any way ds is 5.5 y/o and weigh 45lbs maybe more. Should I lug his Graco Nauti or should I let him use the Graco HB that I have? I did not have time to get pre approval to use his seat on the plane.

I just booked my seats today!

Thanks

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If he does ok in the HB I'd probably bring that. If he'd prefer the Nautilus I'd probably bring that and gate check it if they don't allow it (is that a real risk?). The slight recline on the Nautilus with the plane's recline may make sleeping a little easier for him, it may not. But if you think he'll be fidgeting either on the plane or in the car here bring the Nautilus. If you think he'd do just fine in the HBB then I'd bring that.

Wendy

USmominOz

I just know what a pain it is to carry and I have to go through 3 airports on the way and a couple of local trips then back to Au and I would hate for it to get lost or damaged, at least I could put the HB back in my suitcase and the bottom on the plane w/ me.

Splash

I'd bring the booster. The trip is going to be stressful enough without a car seat to add to the mix, especially since you might not be able to use it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC