Does your SS1 squeak?

NannyMom

I've noticed lately when BabyS moves her head around in the SS1, it squeaks. Does anyone else's do that? I keep meaning to take the seat apart and check it...but I always forget until she's in it (and usually asleep).

ADS

TheNimpsGirl

Nope. I can honestly say I've never heard DS's SS1 squeak. You mean the seat itself or the base though? Either way, no, sorry.

NannyMom

I think it's her head rubbing the EPS foam. Even though there is the cover between her head and the foam. :confused: Or maybe her head is moving the foam against the plastic of the carrier? It's a styrofoam sort of squeak

MomE

I've had two SS1s - original, and the one that replaced the original after an accident - neither squeaked. The first one was used for 9 months. Then the accident. And the replacement was used for 7 months. Never heard a squeak once.

The foam on the original seat did break away in the accident. But it was a pretty big accident.

NannyMom

So I called Graco. She said to remove the foam (EPS). She said to remove the plastic buttons holding it in. I did, and it still felt glued in. She said it's ok, it's removable. I tried, and told her if I did it will crack and break because it feels glued in. She said she knows it's removable because it's listed under replacement parts. So I told her if I remove it and it breaks, then I can't use the seat until I get a new one. So she's just sneding me out replacement EPS foam :rolleyes: So I put the buttons back in (and never removed the foam)....and that seems to have stopped the squeaking :rolleyes:

My foam is a little broekn now around 1 of the buttons (because she didn't tell me to remove them by pushing from the back). She said it's fine. I imagine it's fine....would that concern anyone? It's between the plastic button and the edge where a harness slot is (top slot maybe?).

MomE

Yes, I'd be concerned. I'd call them back and ask for a replacement! I wouldn't want to have a seat where the foam has been messed around with.

That's exactly how my safeseat "broke" in the accident. One of the plastic buttons came undone. I saw no other damage except that. But of course there may have been that was unseen by the eye. After the accident, while destroying the original seat, the foam was really easy to remove from the glue. It popped right off easily.

So, yeah, I'd demand a replacement.

NannyMom

Oh, she's sending me a replacement foam. Because if I remove mine it'll break....but I didn't remove it....but she's sending replacement foam anyway. I think she must be new, lol.

MomE

That is so weird. So weird! Is she sending you replacement glue? :p

Wasn't it difficult to get that button off and on? I can't recall, but I thought I tried to put the button back on and it wouldn't work.

xxluckychicxx

Yes, both of DD's squeaked when I carried her in them. The EPS foams was still glued down but a little loose. It drove me up the wall but I still loved the seat.

NannyMom

That is so weird. So weird! Is she sending you replacement glue? :p

Wasn't it difficult to get that button off and on? I can't recall, but I thought I tried to put the button back on and it wouldn't work.
LOL about the glue. You push it out through the back with pliers or something. It wasn't too hard to push out really. The button went back on fine. THough before I tried, I asked her what if I can't get the buttons back on and she said she'd send me new ones. Apparently she's all for sending replacements....maybe I should have told her about my sticker falling off my base and she'd send me a new base (since they don't replace stickers) ;)

Yes, both of DD's squeaked when I carried her in them. The EPS foams was still glued down but a little loose. It drove me up the wall but I still loved the seat.
Maybe it's a Kasey SS1 thing? We have Kasey and so do you. It didn't squeak anymore today. So maybe you just need to remove the buttons and put them back in :p

MomE

....maybe I should have told her about my sticker falling off my base and she'd send me a new base (since they don't replace stickers) ;)

Okay, so THAT did happen with mine! All three of them (the original in the accident, the replacement, and the additional one in Dad's car). Seriously, maybe I should call them.... :p

NannyMom

Okay, so THAT did happen with mine! All three of them (the original in the accident, the replacement, and the additional one in Dad's car). Seriously, maybe I should call them.... :p

I called them before. THe base was being used for less than 2 months, and the entire sticker fell off. I called and asked for a new sticker. THey said they don't send out stickers. It's fine to use, the info is in the manual. I suggested it was legally required to be on the seat. She thought I was affraid of getting in trouble if I was pulled over :rolleyes: I told her if they couldn't send me a sticker, they could send me a base. She said they don;t make the SS1 base anymore. I got annoyed with her and ended the conversation. :whistle:

I will call again one day. It is legally required for the stickers to be permanently attached to the seat. Lasting 2 months (granted the DOM is a year ago, but we bought it new in Dec) is not very permanent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC