RA50

NannyMom

Wasn't it supposed to have lockoffs??? It doesn't. :(

THe RA50 cover and MA cover do fit well on the opposite seats :whistle: Sofi and I underessed them tonight at BRU. If you push into the back/butt of the covers, the crotch straps don't line up right....but you can do that with the seats' proper covers too (I tried tonight).

ADS

mommaon112903

I am pretty sure they were not to have lock-offs or some of the other "extras" hence the awesome price.

If I would ever get pregnant again I would really :love: one of these!

No pics? :(

NannyMom

I am pretty sure they were not to have lock-offs or some of the other "extras" hence the awesome price.

If I would ever get pregnant again I would really :love: one of these!

No pics? :(

I put a couple pics in another thread. But I'll put them here.

View attachment 4394
This is the RA50 lower anchor. The alligator head is turned 90* on the webbing. It also only loosens/tightens one 1 side, not both sides like the RA.

For comparison, here is the RA lower anchor.
View attachment 4395

Last edited:

NannyMom

View attachment 4391
This shows the "do not remove" stickers on the RA50. When I was looking at them tonight, I realized the styrofoam inserts were shaped a bit differently in the back. When trying to figure out why....I realized there were no lockoffs :( THis also shows the thinner harness adjuster

View attachment 4392
And for comparison, this is the MA harness adjuster

View attachment 4393
And this is BabyS. I know, she's sitting FF, bad me :eek: But it wasn't installed. She was just even with the bottom slots. However, in an installed MA a couple months ago she was just even with the bottom slots. So I think if it was installed, she'd be just over them, like the MA. In this picture, the crotch buckle is in the inner position. BabyS needed it in the middle position because in this was way under her bum.

Last edited:

NannyMom

I know the FPSVD never had lockoffs. And we'd been saying the RA50 is the FPSVD...but the base is different, and it can be tethered RF. And for some reason I thought it would have lockoffs now that it's a Britax, not a FP. Maybe I imagined it? Oh well.

Mama!

Yeahh. I lurve some square buckles.

Our original Como/s had square buckles and I loved them. So comfortable on his thighs.

Then we got the Signo and I didn't notice the darn rounded buckle til it was too late. :thumbsdown:

Holly

I'm going to get one of those for Josh in a few months instead of the MA. I don't need lockoffs, and I don't like HUGS anyway. Also, so far I think my kids will outgrow these seats by height first, so no need for the 65lb limit.
I'm getting the cowmoo from BRU too.
It's weird, the FPSVD was made by Britax, and it had double click buckles.

vonfirmath

It appears to -- although when checking with my hand, the "slanted" part between the bottom and the back seems to be different. Which seems to make the bottom slots on the R50 "lower" (And thus maybe fit babies younger). I could not, in playing with it, figure out why this would be.

And I don't want the Cowmoo Roundabout even if I end up getting one (which I am pondering. I recently bought a Scenera and I hate the seat. it's okay for now since it is installed but I never want to have to install it again!)

Maedze

IMO, moving the LATCH strap is less of a PITA than flipping the anchors.

Oh, and since the RA50 was first announced, it was said there would be no lockoffs.

I actually think lockoffs are not as important of a feature as they used to be. Sure, there are still cars on the road with no locking belts, but locking belts have been required for 12 YEARS now, and many cars had locking belts a few years before they were required to. It's not like 80% of the vehicles on the road need a locking clip anymore.

DahliaRW

Good to know. Sounds like a decent seat.

I agree about lockoffs. I like them for seats that go in my dh's car (he drives a 1989 dodge), but the locking clip is not a biggie to use. If someone REALLY wants lockoffs and has an old car, they can still get a MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC