Canadian safety ratings

dieselgirl

Can anyone direct me to actual crash test ratings for Canadian car seats. There is so much information on this site but most of it doesn't apply because we have low weight limits on our seats. I have purchased the Evenflo triumph for my 9 month old as we have the Evenflo generations for my 2.5 year old and I want to check it out before I open the box.

I have read opinions regarding ease of use but I want to know about safety. We tried the Radian and she swims in it so I called the company and the Radian 80 with more padding will not be available here in the near future. She looks cozy in the Triumph in the store and I want to make sure gets good safety ratings.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a Britax in Ontario, Canada? I would like to at least try her in one but I don't think that we could afford one. We had a gift certificate for Toys r us so we only paid $65.00 for the Triumph. We will purchase a large seat later when we need to.

Thanks,

Sheri

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The toys r us in Winnipeg carries the Britax roundabout and the marathon. I started off with a graco convertable and ds outgrew it (his shoulders were over the top harness slot) and I ended up getting rid of it and buying the marathon. I would suggest if you can get a seat with a higher top harness slot that rear faces, then go for it now, especially if you will later; save money in the long run! My son is two and he is now in his third convertable and it is the nicest seat that I have ever had! I wish I would have started off with this one:)

You could look for a baby boutique in your area, they might carry them.

As far as safety, this seat does meet the Canadian requirements, if I liked the seat, it installed well and was easy to use then I would use it!

bbartlettnfld

Where in Ont?

If you're near TO then the TRU near Sherway Gardens has the Marathon. I bought mine in Kiddies World of Furniture in Mississauga for $350 but now I see that Safety Superstore in North York has them for $299!

The seats are great even with the reduced CDN limits of 30lbs RF and 48Lbs FF. That will give you 8 more lbs FF than the triumph and the Britax is way taller and will give you way more time height wise.. My DD is still able to RF in it at 3.8yrs! Though I made the desision to RF to the US limits of 33lbs.
BethAnn
CDN CPST

Jewels

Senior Community Member
If you're near TO then the TRU near Sherway Gardens has the Marathon. I bought mine in Kiddies World of Furniture in Mississauga for $350 but now I see that Safety Superstore in North York has them for $299!

I heard that the prices of the britax seats have gone down in Canada so they are a little more affordable, and the same price across the map!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC