Will the nautilus get dd to booster?

TheQueenMother

I have no love for the Regent I bought dd. It does not meet our needs and it a beast in the back seat. She is super comfy in it but I recently had to put my niece in the regent and installed the Ma beside it and dd has asked to ride in the installed Ma rather than the Regent. DD turned 4 in Feb. She weighs 42 lbs and has recently had a growth spurt. She is on the top slots of the MA but has more than an inch of torso growth. I have started some booster training with her and she does really well and fits in the Turbo Booster well. She does complain about the belt against her neck so I am only letting her practice on short trips. I would like her harnessed for another year or more before she is in a HBB full time. What do you think, will a child make it to a good booster age in a nauti or should I suck it up and make friends with the behemoth that is the regent?
Amanda

ADS

Mama Jo

I don't think you'll have any problem getting your DD to booster age in the Nautilus. My DD has outgrown the BLVD by height and still could easily fit for another year and a half or more in the Nauti. The Nautilus generally can get most kids to 6 or more harnessed.

I wanted to point out, though, that if the seatbelt is cutting into your DD's neck, then the booster does not fit well, and you should hold off booster training until she's a little bit taller. At 4, she's still very young to be booster training and is barely over the minimum weight for recommended booster riders. IMO, I'd wait it out until she gets closer to 5. :twocents:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm not sure you'll be any happier with the Nautilus, actually. It's not quite as big as the Regent, but it sits up just as high and it's nearly as wide. I think the GN would definitely get her to booster age, I'm just not sure you're going to be any happier with it considering the things that bug you about the Regent, yk?

midwestmeg

Mama Jo's words of advice worked for me!! :) My dd has the same stats as yours (and was at the top of her MA) and went to the Nauti. She is at the 2nd to top slots; what a pleasant surprise! I figured for sure I'd be forced to use a booster this fall- now I am looking forward to another year of the 5 point harness.

The booster mode looks like it will work nicely when the time comes. The Nauti is heavy (I like that) but not too wide. It fits in my 04 Odyssey very well. I am so happy I need to post some geeky carseat pictures!!

Maggie

We're the exact opposite. I wish I would have gotten a Regent over the Nauti for DD1. :p

Now I have an almost new Nauti sitting in my basement getting no love.

Mine didn't make it, but she's really tall for her age. She's 5.5, 50lbs and nearly 50". When I moved her out of it a few months ago she was even with the tops slots.

I was happy with the seat itself, just not the way DD fit in it. I wish I would have spent the money on something that would have fit her longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC