• EFTA

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Click Clickity Click

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mama Jo

I was so set on the EFTA! I :love: the EFTA! But seeing all the MR pics has got me thinking... And now I just don't know!!

Whatever seat I get, will be used by a 36# 2.5 yr old and a 23# 18 month old.

So WWYD?? Get the MR to leave it installed RF and just rethread the harness straps?? Or get the EFTA and not have to mess with the straps but have to reinstall it FF or RF each time?

Keeping in mind that at some point the 2.5 yr old *will* have to go FF, at which time, if I had the MR, I'd have to reinstall AND rethread the straps. Or sell it then and buy an EFTA.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I voted MR on the assumption that the car has LATCH...because two sets of LATCH straps is just totally cool :D Though the seatbelt install isn't so bad FF on a Triumph, either, and the sliding harness would sure be nice, I guess...

Mama Jo

I voted MR on the assumption that the car has LATCH...because two sets of LATCH straps is just totally cool :D Though the seatbelt install isn't so bad FF on a Triumph, either, and the sliding harness would sure be nice, I guess...

Yeah... that's the other thing I forgot to mention... it has to fit in a 3 across :whistle: lol

I know the BLVD fits and the EFTA fits... so I'm hoping that would mean the MR might fit too... but it's awfully big, so I don't know... but that would mean I wouldn't be using LATCH...

I was going to order the sandbox EFTA from BRU today because it's the last day for the 20% off... and I won't be able to test the MR until this weekend... so I either order the EFTA and then return it if I go with the MR, or wait to test the MR and forgo my 20% off... I wouldn't get the MR from BRU, so the 20% off would be irrelevant if I went with the MR, so I'm not going to order both and then return the one I don't want... although the thought did cross my mind... but I don't like the spiral.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I was going to pm you that I was thinking of buying the MR just to play w/ and then returning it next week, lol. Is that terrible?! I so want to play w/ it though. I don't need one so can't justify buying one right now, but it's hard to play w/ it w/ 3 kids (or 5 for our playdate, lol) in the store. If you buy one though that'll save me the trouble. ;)

Mama Jo

I was going to pm you that I was thinking of buying the MR just to play w/ and then returning it next week, lol. Is that terrible?! I so want to play w/ it though. I don't need one so can't justify buying one right now, but it's hard to play w/ it w/ 3 kids (or 5 for our playdate, lol) in the store. If you buy one though that'll save me the trouble. ;)

The problem is, I'll have to play with it at the store before I buy it. So I won't have it by next weekend, that's for sure! I'll probably order it from Kids N Cribs because I don't like the BRU pattern... which means if it doesn't work, I can't just take it back to the store. And shipping it back is too much work. lol.

We could split the cost to buy one at BRU and then play with it next weekend and then return it... that way neither one of us is out $150+ up front and we'll get it back anyway... :whistle: And then if it works, I'll order mine from KNC. lol

Mama Jo

So I went to BRU tonite since a little birdie told me that we finally got a MR. This was less than a week after the person in charge of the carseat department spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what I was talking about and kept insisting the seat was not actually out yet or she would have known about it, and that I must be confused because if any BRU had it on their shelves, it would have undoubtedly been on their precious website. :rolleyes:

I had a cranky kid, so I didn't want to even attempt trying anything in my van. So with the GN on the test bench and using the BV to attempt to place it so that the spacing matched that of my 3rd row... I went to work. First the MR. Then the EFTA. Then the MR again. Then the BV to make sure the GN hadn't moved. MR. EFTA. Then FF. MR. EFTA. Back and forth for about half an hour. And keeping in mind that there are no working seatbelts or lower anchors on this bench. So I'm just "placing" the seats...

My biggest obstacle - the cupholder on the GN. Why oh why can't it be on the other side?? My life would be so much sweeter if it were just moved to other side... The only seat that fits on the non-cupholder side of the GN in my 3rd row is the RN. Because of the way the bench splits, the middle seat is off-center. And the GN won't work outboard. So my challenge is to puzzle with the cupholder.

The MR seemed to fit nicely RF. FF was another story. It was tight. So much so that I don't think it would be possible to get it independently tight. It didn't just lay ever so gently over the cupholder armrest... it was being supported by it. I couldn't push the MR down into the bench, so I don't think I'd be able to tighten it. But it did seem to fit nicely on the non-cupholder side both RF and FF. No help.

The EFTA... well it just fit beautifully. So beautifully I nearly wept with delight. RF and FF. FF and RF. It was a dream of a match. And has anyone seen the sandbox EFTA next to the Mariposa GN?? Wow... the clash is amazing. It's fabulous, in fact. A perfect fit. They were simply meant to be together.

So after taking into consideration the fact that the overwhelming majority of you who voted (ok, 100% of you who voted), voted for the MR.... I bought the EFTA. :love: They had the sandbox in the store!! Which they've never had before! And the DOM??? OMG!! 05/18/09!!! This sucker is less than 2 weeks old!! And I begged a 15% off coupon from the gal at the customer service desk since I didn't have one with me, and I knew they expired after today. I actually intended to just order online since I had no idea they had the sandbox in the store, so I didn't bother to bring a coupon with me. The price came to exactly the same as it would have online with 20% off but having to pay shipping. And I got it with a 10 day old DOM!! And I have it RIGHT NOW! I don't have to wait for 10-14 business days constantly checking the tracking number every 37 minutes to see if it's made its way any closer to my arms. I can love on it RIGHT NOW! Immediate gratification!!

I probably won't get to really play with it until the weekend... but I might take it to bed with me tonight...:whistle:

firemomof3

Thats exciting :thumbsup: You have to take pics for us! I love the EFTA, you really cannot go wrong. Congrats again on your new seat :love:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yay! A seat that fits is better than a 40# rfing seat that doesn't. :) I'm not sure I'm going to KC next week, ugh, we'll see. W/ DH gone though, it'll be easier to buy the MR and then return it, lol.

jujumum

I just tried out 3.5 yo dd and 22 mo ds in the MR at BRU, and have ruled it completely out for us.(I'll post why in another thread). BRU had it on display next to the lovely colored, plush, light green/tan ETFA, and between the two, I'd pick the ETFA in a heartbeat. It is a much more substantial seat and the design more thought out. You did good.:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC