Okay, so what the heck WAS that thing?

urchin_grey

I had my first day of CPST training today and one of the seats they brought in was a Graco seat, very similar to the MyRide. RF to 40lbs and harnesses to 65lb. It said Graco SafeSeat2 on the tag but there was another word under that but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It started with an E though, I remember that much. I'm telling you though, there was NO way a 65lb child would EVER fit in that thing. It was just as narrow on the inside as the SR and SS1. I asked about it but all they could tell me was that it was brand new and they had never heard of the MyRide... I'm guessing they changed the name at the last minute?? If not, then why the heck put out two almost identical seats at the same time? :confused:

ADS

urchin_grey

Elite? Maybe it was at one time slated as SS2Elite??? SS2expiremental prototype :rolleyes:

Hmm, no, wasn't elite. But it was a longer word that sounded scientific or something? LOL I dunno, guess I'll remember when I go back tomorrow! I swear its gotta be smaller than the MR, though I haven't seen the MR IRL. It has those internal cup holders though, so I totally thought it was the MR until I read the tag.

ANGELINTC82

It was the Myride 65. We had one in my class as well, but the labels attached to the actual seat did say Safeseat on them. However, if you look at the manual on the back, it says Myride 65 on it. I read somewhere else on this board that it replaced the Graco Safeseat2 that use to only be forward facing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It was the Myride 65. We had one in my class as well, but the labels attached to the actual seat did say Safeseat on them. However, if you look at the manual on the back, it says Myride 65 on it. I read somewhere else on this board that it replaced the Graco Safeseat2 that use to only be forward facing.

The CozyCline replaced the SS2, some of us are just hoping that the MR sends that seat to it's retirement :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The MyRide tag does have big words on it that say "SafeSeat Technology"

That's what I was going to say, too. I saw the MyRide at BRU the other day, but I initially thought it was a SS2 because the "SafeSeat Technology" tag was so big. Then I looked more closely and realized it was the MR.

urchin_grey

you must take a picture!

Take a picture! Including the label!

Okay, I took pics! Tag says "Safe Seat Engineered". The pics are on my phone though so I just have get them onto this little SD card thingy then I can get them on the computer.

The CozyCline replaced the SS2, some of us are just hoping that the MR sends that seat to it's retirement :)

Ahhh, I see. I haven't got my hands on the manual yet, we haven't even really got to play with the seat at all. I'm the class whackjob already though because I'm the only CR nerd trainee. No one else understood why I was so damn interested in it. I got a few strange looks when I started taking pics. :whistle:

I did play around with a SS2 and a CozyCline today though. Definitely totally pointless. I had to put a doll in the SS2 as an exercise and identify the belt paths and I was like "why doesn't this convertible have one belt path???". Cause that's surely what it looks like at first glance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC