I have MyRide pics...and it's a ghost seat.

kidzndogz

I don't get it. I posted before about Ava being about a quarter of an inch left in her Como, which has taller harness slots in the MA. She's right at the slots in the MA in my car.

We went to BRU today because we were bored and I wanted to see the MR.

Uh....when I took her pic today in the Como in the car, she actually has over an inch. It must have been installed more reclined when I checked it before. Then when I took her pics in the store in the MA and the MR, she looks like she has more room in the MR! About more than the Como. Doesn't make sense if the MR only has 16-17 inch slots and the Como has 18-19?? I know they tend to sit lower when they are in a seat that's not installed, but if she fits in it in the store then I'm taking that measurement!

Anyway, here are some pics. Sorry Dean is so pissy. He was mad that I wiped his nose before taking his pictures. God forbid I keep him from looking like a snotty ragamuffin. Jeez.

Oh and these are cell phone pics, forgot my camera.

Ava. 4.75 years old, about 42 lbs, no idea on her height but she's the tallest in her class.
Como in the car:
400242106_1386127777_0.jpg

Ok it's kind of dark but you can basically get an idea of where she is at..:
400242671_1386129774_0.jpg

Her in the MA in the store:
400243597_1386133156_0.jpg

400243374_1386132360_0.jpg

And her in the MR. See how high the top slot is above her shoulder? It's hard to see...the divit like an inch or so above. It 's all up against her neck really weird because she was leaning to the side due to the massive tag on her other side.:
400243794_1386133843_0.jpg

400244243_1386135442_0.jpg

Dean. 22 months, 33.5 lbs.
400244883_1386137715_0.jpg

400244609_1386136758_0.jpg

So uh, I want to keep Dean RFing...he'll make it to two for sure in his MA. Should I invest in a MR or just turn him FFing? Ugh, now I want two....one for each. lol.

ETA: I know the harness isn't in the right slots for the kids. I'm not really into rethreading harness slots in the middle of stores. :p

ADS

NannyMom

Well, when I saw the pic of Dean, and saw his weight, my first thought was "he needs a MR". So, yes I think you should :D

I'd try it installed in the car first though. But I think everyone's saying when installed you have even more room.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
definitely a ghost seat ....I tried dd in it today, and she had a LOT more room in the Ma than the MR...the slots she fit nearly identically (just under even with the top) amd shell-wise, her head was over the MR, but still had almost an inch inthe Ma.....

kidzndogz

definitely a ghost seat ....I tried dd in it today, and she had a LOT more room in the Ma than the MR...the slots she fit nearly identically (just under even with the top) amd shell-wise, her head was over the MR, but still had almost an inch inthe Ma.....

Weird. Ava has the exact opposite. More room in the MR than the MA. And also more room than in the Como, which doesn't make sense since the Como has higher top slots.

WhatAboutPuppy

What does ghost seat mean?

It does freaky things when it's installed. For instance, most people say their child has MORE room in the MyRide than the Marathon, but then someone else's child will turn around and have way LESS room in the MyRide.
This also has to do with the install of the MyRide, people try it in the store and their child has an inch or two above their head RF and then once installed they have 3 or 4 inches!!!

Make a little more sense??

kidzndogz

It's called a ghost seat because there are mysterious things about it that can't be figured out as far as how it fits different kids. :)

4boysmom

I just want to say I love the last pic of Dean! :whistle:

That could almost be marketing material "Mommmmmmmmmmmmmma I want a MYRIDE 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't say we are leaving without buying one. I LOVE this seat. Pleaseeeeeeeeee Momma, Pleassssssssssssseeeeeee. I want my MYRIDE" or something as simple as "But it's *my* carseat!!!" :)

I don't usually like crying pics but that one captures the moment/age nicely.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You weren't... I was about to do a board search to find out, ha. Thanks for asking.

As far as this goes,

This also has to do with the install of the MyRide, people try it in the store and their child has an inch or two above their head RF and then once installed they have 3 or 4 inches!!!

WhatAboutPuppy, is this truly the typical finding? I haven't been following the MR threads, but we went to BRU today and now I'm considering buying one. I have a 38lb dcb, and I'd been thinking that while I'd love to re-RF him, it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend the $$ for 2lb. However, it occurred to me that I could get one now and pass it down to dcbaby in a couple of months. Doesn't seem like long, but we're in the car TONS in the summer, so if I can get most of the summer RFing...

I put him (and all of the other dck lol!) into the MR today and found he has almost exactly an inch of shell... I think... I didn't have a ruler. If it's likely that he'll have a bit more installed, then I will definitely make another trip out there while I have a 15% off coupon...

TIA :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC