My tech class is this weekend!

J-max

CPST Instructor
I am so excited, I have wanted to take it for over 2 years, but the could of times it has been offered within any kind of reasonable distance, I could not make it work. This one is only 20 min from my MIL's house, so we will be going up there Friday afternoon, and staying, she will keep the girls, cause dh is out of town until sunday afternoon.

The instructor I met when I needed someone of check my regent install last year and so is awesome! She emailed me on Monday to find out what size shirts I needed because we all get matching shirts for the seat check (which is the following Saturday)

I feel like a big dork now, but I am excited and you guys are the only ones to understand.

I have never left dd#4 this long before, but I think she will be fine. I usually only leave her for a couple of hours, but only with my MIL, so that will be familiar :)

Any last minute suggestions?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have fun!

Try to keep your mouth shut... You're probably going to want to jump ahead and the instructor might even humor you but all you'll do is confuse everyone else in your class. ;)

Also, remember that many of them don't have young kids and probably known NOTHING about carseats. NOTHING. So be patient and helpful to them and you'll be good friends by the end of class. :)

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
Enjoy it! I was excited for my class too and everyone else thought I was crazy.

Clean out your car, the instructors may want to use it as an example at some point.

ANGELINTC82

I would remove your car seats from your car so that they can use it for practice. We ended up taking mine out during class so they could use it. It would have just been easier to leav them at home LOL

JerseyGirl'sMama

Try to pair up with someone else who is somewhat knowledgeable for your partner exercises. I was glad to partner with Jess (WhatAboutPuppy) at our class. Have fun!

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks so much!

The keeping my mouth shut might be the hard part :D

I will take my MIL's car, so it will be clean and not have car seats in it. We learned many years ago it is way easier to trade cars than carseats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC