Comparison pics...5 week old...MR65, RA50, MA,TF

zactayaus

Gavin is 5 weeks old. He weighs close to 11 lbs and is 22" long.

Hands down the MR65 fit him the best. He was so comfy cozy in it. If I had to buy a seat for him right now that would be the one.

Here he is modeling the MR65, RA50, MA, and TF:

MR65
gavininmr65.jpg
100_2325-1.jpg

RA50
100_2332.jpg
100_2333.jpg

MA
100_2329.jpg
100_2330.jpg

TF
gavinintf.jpg
100_2328.jpg

And here is a pic of the RA50 next to the MA
100_2334.jpg

ADS

monstah

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

My DS tried out a MyRide the other day (he's well past the limits) and he was in love with how comfy it was!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Great pics! And it's the only one where the strap covers don't look completely... goofy, for lack of a better word, lol.

zactayaus

Is it just a trick of the camera or is the harness better fitting on the RA50 than the MA?

Nope. The RA50's harness did fit better than the MA.

The RA50 will definetly fit tiny babies. DS could have probably used the next slot up (it was on the bottom slot). Oh, and the crotch strap was in the closest positon and it was underneath him.

zactayaus

Score :thumbsup:

Did you happen to measure the lowest harness spot?

Sorry I did not.

I just tried to measure his torso height which is apparentely almost impossible in a squirming slotching infant. I'm going to guess it's somewhere between 10 and 11 inches.:shrug-shoulders:

seamonkeys

So he would have fit the 2nd slot in the RA50, but the 1st slot on the MA? If so, that's weird since the website says they are both 10.5-16" slots.

zactayaus

So he would have fit the 2nd slot in the RA50, but the 1st slot on the MA? If so, that's weird since the website says they are both 10.5-16" slots.

Well both harnesses were on the bottom slot. The RA50 was definetly well below his shoulders and the MA was at his shoulders.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, it looks like if I had to buy a Britax seat for a new baby, on penalty of death... it would be the RA50.

zactayaus

Now I should mention that neither cover lined up with the slots in the shells of the seats. That being said, when I put him in the RA50 I felt for the slots and thought wow these are really below his shoulders I wonder if he needs the next slot up. But as you can see in the pics he was starting to get fussy so I didn't mess with it. With the MA a remember thinking he just made it in the harness. I thought if he was any smaller he would not be able to use it.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I didn't realize the RA50 was in stores! It wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I went to see the MR65. At least I don't remember it being there!

all together ooky

Wow, about the difference in the RA50 and MA. It's good to have a Britax convertible that fits newborns!

The MyRide looks so comfy though. Lovely pics, and super cute baby.

menfusse

Why did they even make a RA50 again? I guess I'm a bit confused. If the shell height is basically the same as the MA, what's the point? Why don't they make one darn seat with low enough bottom slots to ACTUALLY fit a teeny weeny, and with high enough shell and harness weight to get a kid at least to 4 or 5 and split the difference in price for pete's sake?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC