35lb 21mo old & 12lb 6wk old in MyRide65

SarahLong

This carseat was made just for kids like A. She has been 35lbs since her 18mo checkup, so has been FF in a GN. Mom is excited they now make a 40lb RF seat. Dad, not so much, lol.

A, 21mos old, 34/35lbs depending on the day, not sure on her height.

For reference, this is how she fits in the GN.
259jv4g.jpg

2v7usrb.jpg

Leg room is AWESOME!!!
dzcjcw.jpg

3rd from top slot RF
2liwmk0.jpg

212v5ma.jpg

Lots of room for the chubbiness, lol
2rrnpra.jpg

J, 6wks old(7wks tomorrow), 12.4lbs as of 1 week ago, 21in long

For reference, how he fits in the SR32. He's on the bottom slots.
2u4j9ll.jpg

Bottom slots in MyRide
1zmzf3l.jpg

w0s0o0.jpg

ADS

all together ooky

Nice pics! Looks like a good fit for both of them. So, is the mom going to buy it or are you?

I'm glad to see that it fits a wee one too. I'm not fond of infant bucket type seats so maybe this will work for our next babe (don't know when that will be).

heyruthie

so exciting. this proves that even if the MR isn't the perfect seat for every child (and what seat is?) there IS a market segment that this seat REALLY fills a need for. very, very exciting.

dawnp15

Wow i really like the fit on her!!! I really like that it's not tight on her legs and she has awsome leg room. I totally agree with the pp that no seat is perfect for every kid, but for some it is!!! Thanks for the pics:thumbsup:

DahliaRW

It's nice how the MR fits a little one so well. A good option (at a good price) for those who want to start out with a convertible and have a seat that will last until 4-5. :)

I just REALLY wish the shell were taller, it'd be a fantastic seat then!

HEVY

Wow, they both fit nicely. I love how your DD fits in it.

So uhm, where'd you get the monkey? :D

SarahLong

I love how your DD fits in it.

So uhm, where'd you get the monkey?

She's not my DD, I am her nanny. The monkey was my test subject the day we got the GN, lol. I was playing around. I got him at Toys 'R Us Christmas '08. It's a Curious George monkey.

Nice! She sure is a bundle of cute, even without a face

Haha! You'd want to eat her up if you saw her chubby, squeezable face!

Do you know how tall A is?

I'm not positive how tall she is present day. She was 34in 3 weeks ago at a Dr.'s appt., but to me seems she's gotten taller. Her long pants are no longer dragging underneath her shoes. Then again, I may have just shrunk her pants, lol!

heyruthie

i just hafta say again--this is SO awesome! here we are looking at REAL proof that this seat can get some kids safely RFing for longer than ANY other seat on the US market. this is really groundbreaking, honestly--esp. at this price point. people would shell out serious $$$ for this, even if the seat were twice this much, because there's nothing else out there like this. this little girl couldn't be RFing in any other US seat--and yet she clearly has room to grow in this one, and it's a reasonable price to boot. Britax, take notice! awesome.

SarahLong

Sorry I was being rushed out the house and was just looking at the pics.
No worries! I'm so close with their family, she's practically like a little sister. Her Mom and Dad are the parents I never had :) God truly blessed me when he guided me to this job!

i just hafta say again--this is SO awesome! here we are looking at REAL proof that this seat can get some kids safely RFing for longer than ANY other seat on the US market. this is really groundbreaking, honestly--esp. at this price point. people would shell out serious $$$ for this, even if the seat were twice this much, because there's nothing else out there like this. this little girl couldn't be RFing in any other US seat--and yet she clearly has room to grow in this one, and it's a reasonable price to boot. Britax, take notice! awesome.
I know! I love it! Mom is super excited to get her RF again. We only had her back RF for a few days before we found out she was over 35lbs, Mom was bummed. Dad isn't happy about her RF again, the whole leg thing bothers him. He won't have much of an argument once he sees that her legs aren't even bent AT ALL in this seat!

valleyfam

Thanks for the infant pics. I mentioned in another post I am considering the MR as a back up seat for our new baby. I'm glad to see it seems to be fitting the wee ones so well.

HEVY

The baby looks better in the MR than he does in the SR32, more comfortable. I can't believe how well they both fit, like it's two separate seats.

SarahLong

The baby looks better in the MR than he does in the SR32, more comfortable.
I think so too. It was easier to buckle him in the MR for sure. The straps are placed differently in the MR and it seemed to be a better fit on him. And the infant support makes it seem much more comfy for him.

SarahLong

Mom bought the 3 MR's today :) Since Dad is gone for at least the next 3 weeks, I convinced Mom to let me put his MR in my car for J. It's so much easier to buckle him in the MR than the SR32, and it fits him much better. I'm excited to take our first ride with A back RF on Monday, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC