other car seat dreams?

The swedish CR's thread got me thinking about other car seat wishes and dreams.
So, besides having seats that can RF thru middle school and fit *us* harnessed, what are your car seat dreams?
I'd like to see the return of narrow boosters like the FPSV/SRC, and a narrow HWH combo seat (like if the Frontier was the width of a Radian).
And I think it'd be cool if car seat manufacturers offered a "Car Seat Subscription Plan" that would work sort of like cell phone subscriptions - every year or so you get the option to 'upgrade' to a new model at much less than the full retail cost of the new seat. (And, assuming there was some way to verify that all subscribers are committed car seat geeks who take scrupulously good care of their seats, the traded-in seats would be donated to KDM or SafeKids)

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I dream of the day where noone ever says "I didn't ride in a car seat when I was a kid, and I'm just fine"

TerisBoys

The Fisher Price SIV, Safe Embrace convertible, and Futura to come back. Talk about a nice, narrow HWH seat! Granted, the Futura left much to be desired in the padding department, but...It installed like a dream and was uber skinny. And the SIV was simply :love: in an infant seat. Narrow, shoulder strap, nice base.

Britax SR/C would be nice - or even better the European Britax Zoom/Comfy. Same back as the SR/C, but a depth adjustable seat.

My bigger dream is for car manufacturers to realize that tweens are people too, and need vehicle seats that fit someone smaller than a full-grown male.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think the Safe Embrace was my all-time favorite seat. I want it back too.

And I want the Laptop to come back.

And I want people to stop expecting that seats should cost $50 or less.

DahliaRW

I want a low profile booster that will fit adults as well. If I'm in a car w/o adjustable seabelts, I'm often about 1-2" too short for the seatbelt to fit completely properly. Something the size of a phone book that is ok to a nice high weight would be ideal. I figure if it's designed for 10+, then no arms are needed, just a firm cushion!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC