Welp, my kids are officially in all new seats...

menfusse

in all the vehicles they ride in. I really have no desire to add up the cost:whistle:, but it's done. Dd #1 is in a Vivo in our main car, Compass in our s-10 to school in the mornings, and a Monterey in MIL's car. Younger DD is in a Radian XT in our main car, and an Avenue (FF) in MIL's car. She's never in the S-10.

Shew....I'm glad it's done. I actually managed to find somebody locally to buy the TF, and put that money toward the Radian. We tried so many seats to find the best fit with her button and for her in general. Britax was probably the best as far as her g-tube combined with the way she sits, but Radian was only slightly less good and she liked it better. Well, truth be know, she wanted the Snugride 32, and though she actually did fit, spending the money (at her age)only to buy another seat down the road didn't really make a lot of sense. So, Radian was her next choice and I think all around the best. She's small, but an older kid and I think the Radian just looks like a bigger kid seat, even RF. It will be easier to get her in and out too. The kid could last in any seat for a good long time, but we've got this one for the long haul if she continues to be so small.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Nobody else really cares and dh is a funmaker :(, but I thought you guys could share in my excitement, lol.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Cool! Those sound like great seats for your girls. :)

I am changing all of my seats out right now, too. It is expensive, but worth it. :)

menfusse

Yeah, where are the pics? :p

I'll get them up this weekend:thumbsup:, so you'll have to wait a few days, lol, well if it ever dries up. The rain in this part of the country is NEVER going to stop. :mad:

I couldn't make up my mind either, it took such a long time. Younger dd's was a little easier because I had to get what fit/worked with her feeding tube. Older dd, well....we have 3 different boosters for a reason:whistle:. She originally had a Monterey in our main car, after outgrowing her Regent. Then, when they started riding with MIL often, I decided a LBB wasn't enough in her Cavalier, so I ordered the Vivo on sale. DD decided she felt more comfy for whatever reason in the Vivo, and the IL's never remember to buckle up and empty booster so we put the Monterey in MIL's car. THEN, I figured, well...I'll just go all out and get a HBB for the pick up. She rides in it only to school in the AM and has also been in a backless in that. FIL takes the truck very often, and usually tucks the backless behind the seats. I decided to go with the Compass because it folds and he can still tuck it behind the seat. Phew....how's that for decisions?

heyruthie

wow! so your wish for a Radian for DD2 came true! go, you!

i'm actually on a trajectory for the same thing, which is REALLY scary, because we have #4 arriving soon, and a total of 3 vehicles that the kids basically ride in regularly (mine and Grandma's basically every day) and DH's at least 2-3x/week. and DH won't stand for Grandma to have "better" seats than he has (yeah....he's got some issues there.)

So, I originally thought I could get away with buying the oldest a new seat (b/c his is basically outgrown) and then handing the seats down--which is what I usually do in life for everything. sure, i might spring for new covers, but keep the same, great seats. HOWEVER, my plans got derailed when I realized that DD's seat is about to expire, and DS2 really needs to be able to buckle himself (at least partially) since he'll be moving to the back row (and he can't manage to learn the EFTA) which leaves me with getting ALL of them new seats. Then, to top if off, I realized that the SR I was going to put the new baby in doesn't have EPS, which I *really* wanted for her.....so I might even spring for a new infant bucket :( So that's all new seats for my van.

And, for various other reasons, the seats that were in Grandma's car had to be replaced (at least 1 was expired) and at least 1 in DH's car is probably expired too....and he only has 2 seats in there, and I really want to get 3 across, which might even mean a Radian.

I've already bought 2 TB's, a Scenera, and a Parkway. I'll probably also end up getting acombination of a Regent, more TB's (or AirBoosters, or other HBBs) and maybe an Avenue, another EFTA or Nautiuls, and possibly the infant bucket :eek:

All of this in basically the next 6 weeks. yeah. i don't think i'm going to be able to afford that ISR (infant swim) course for DD1.

menfusse

wow! so your wish for a Radian for DD2 came true! go, you!

i'm actually on a trajectory for the same thing, which is REALLY scary, because we have #4 arriving soon, and a total of 3 vehicles that the kids basically ride in regularly (mine and Grandma's basically every day) and DH's at least 2-3x/week. and DH won't stand for Grandma to have "better" seats than he has (yeah....he's got some issues there.)

So, I originally thought I could get away with buying the oldest a new seat (b/c his is basically outgrown) and then handing the seats down--which is what I usually do in life for everything. sure, i might spring for new covers, but keep the same, great seats. HOWEVER, my plans got derailed when I realized that DD's seat is about to expire, and DS2 really needs to be able to buckle himself (at least partially) since he'll be moving to the back row (and he can't manage to learn the EFTA) which leaves me with getting ALL of them new seats. Then, to top if off, I realized that the SR I was going to put the new baby in doesn't have EPS, which I *really* wanted for her.....so I might even spring for a new infant bucket :( So that's all new seats for my van.

And, for various other reasons, the seats that were in Grandma's car had to be replaced (at least 1 was expired) and at least 1 in DH's car is probably expired too....and he only has 2 seats in there, and I really want to get 3 across, which might even mean a Radian.

I've already bought 2 TB's, a Scenera, and a Parkway. I'll probably also end up getting acombination of a Regent, more TB's (or AirBoosters, or other HBBs) and maybe an Avenue, another EFTA or Nautiuls, and possibly the infant bucket :eek:

All of this in basically the next 6 weeks. yeah. i don't think i'm going to be able to afford that ISR (infant swim) course for DD1.

Yes the Radian worked like a charm! Putting it on the middle slot takes up slack and I think the straighter back, as compared the more deeply curved TF helped her sit in a better position so that nothing interferes. I was tickled pink, Malibu pink to be exact:love:.

I don't envy you with all the new seat shopping coming up. To think, for us, this all started with a stupid cat causing our Britax DC to tumble 50 feet down and embankment. If anybody remembers, I had it on the ground for cleaning/decrumbing under it and in it and the cat jumped in it. It flipped backwards and down the mountain it went, end over end. Then dd outgrew her Regent around the same time. So, it's been a long process finally settling on seats that we feel good about all around. Now, I forbid any car seat manufacturer's to come up with some new and fully awesome seat for at least the next 3-4 years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC